Chapter 8 (When the lights go off.)

My apology for taking so long to update. Please don't mind mistakes haven't been able to recheck. Enjoy!

Chapter 8

"How about we go for ice cream?"

I smile and nooded.

The way was very awkward between us both I got into his car and it was very silent, plugging his cellphone to the radio, he started playing the weeknd which I loved.

--

We got to the ice cream store and I just can't believe he is taking me to my favorite ice cream store ever! 'Baskin Robbins.'

I got out of the car and I bet you can see the excitement in my eyes. In back of me I heard Mathews side of the door closing.

He walks beside me and I turn my face just to meet his blue eyes and a smirking Mathew. "Shall we enter me lady." He gestures with his hand.

"Sure." I blushed covering my face with my dirty blonde hair.

We enter the store and all I can think about is 'Yaiii ice cream' its like I forgot of what happen earlier.

Well guys you can buy a girl with ice cream. Just saying.

"Hey welcome to Baskin Robbins. In what may I help you?" The girl on the other side of the counter asked us. She was very cute with her ginger hair. I can see how she looks at Mathew like if she wants to cover him up on chocolate and eat him like a cookie.

I just rolled my eyes and cleared my throat. "Excuse me," I said interrupting her from the other world, "can I have a cookies and cream with nutela sculp."

"Yeah sure," she smiled at me which looks more like a fake smile "what about the gentleman? Can I have your order?" I can see her flirting with him with her eyes. Girls disgust me this days.

I'm jealous. What are you saying Sofia!

"Yes can I have the same as my girlfriend, please." He bit his bottom lip a little. And you can see how the ginger girl face dropped of sadness. She eyed me, up and down, like not believing I was his girlfriend.

Hold on a minute, girlfriend? I am not his girlfriend... Why would he say that?

"He is not-" but I was interrupt by Mathew.

"Sofia baby, why don't you take a seat over there while I pay for the ice cream." He grin and winked at me.

I am amazed of what he is saying we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend like I don't even know this guy. And we will never be official not now, not ever.

I just go with it and sit at the table he pointed out. I can see every girl on the store looking at me like I'm the luckiest girl in the world, like they just want to eat me up. Girls this days.

I sit at the table and start enjoying my amazing ice cream, while I wait for Mathew.

He starts approaching the table and its like I just want to tackle him for what he said. He sits in front of me and I can help  to catch him smirking.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why did you say that?" But I don't stop eating my ice cream.

"I'm just tired of girls hitting on me, that's all." He starts eating his ice cream as well.

"Well you for sure shouldn't have said that!" I was mad and he could see it by the way I was eating my ice cream like I had no manners.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." I can see the guilt because of his body posture. Maybe he is still guilty for what he did to me earlier today.

"It's okay. You know what they say, you can't say to ice cream." I start eating the cone.

I can help it to see him smile, like a smile I've never seen before, a childish smile. Which made me see that there is another side on this guy, he has a story behind his blue eyes.

"Most of the girls won't even eat ice cream in front of me."

"I am your 'girlfriend' remember?'" I said it with sarcasm but I can't help to blush a little. Can't believe I said that.

"Right." He nood. "So 'girlfriend' how about we head home."

"Sure once we finish." I cleaned my mouth with a napkin. "Hey Mathew."

"Yes." He raised his brows.

"Thanks for the ice cream."

--

We got to the house and at least the way wasn't that awkward between us. We talked about many stupid things. Like now I know him just a little more, and we have some things on common. He will like to visit Europe someday, me as well. We both love video games! So we decided to play Mario party in the living room.

The living room was very big with a black leather couches and a big flat screen TV.  No one was at home so we could make all the noise we wanted to.

He was turning on the Wii, while I sat on the couch and admired his behind.

"So Mathew I was wondering."

"Yeah, what's up? Why did you enter on January to the school?

But before he could answer the power went off everything was dark. "What happen?" I asked.

"I have no idea." He sounded amused.

"Well I guess we will have to light up some candles." I got up from the couch but I couldn't see anything. All went dark.

"Yeah they are around the table somewhere."

I started searching for the candles on top of the table. This feels like how I lose my glasses every morning.

"Have you found them yet"

"No." And I can't help to jump.

"God Mathew you scared me." He was right next to me.

Our hands meet while we are searching for candles in top of the table. We paused and none of us said a word. His hand was warm. Very warm. I can hear him taking deep breaths.

"Sofia." He mumbled. My hand was shaky. But suddenly the lights went on. Our faces were centimeters away.

We were staring at each. His blue eyes made me melt. The way he was looking at me felt very different. It was something in his eyes that sent me shivers all over my body.

"Sofia, Mathew." We heard a voice getting near the living room. We both jumped away from each other. What was I about to do, kiss him? Well thats not happening.

I stared at the floor and played with my hands. I was sweating. I could hear Mathew taking deep air.

"Sorry, I turned off the power for a minute." Mathews mom smiled at us enetering the living room.

But we both stand there speechless not believing what was going to happen if the power didn't come back on.

{Authornote: Sorry so much for taking so long to update. Hope you guys liked this chapter. Please tell me what you think! Remember to vote.

Any suggestion for next chapter?
Thank you for reading}

-MrColdLove