Chapter 26

Hanging by a thread
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sehun slowly stood up from the couch the moment Valentina had to repeated herself for the second time.

"That's all I wanted to tell you." She made an awkward smile. "Anyways, have a good day. I'll text you later." Valentina turns around.

But as soon as she takes a step, Sehun raises his voice. "Where do you think you're going?!" He approaches her, turning her around to face him.

Valentina lifts her eyes up to maintain eye contact with him. "Who the hell confess their feelings to someone and leaves just like that?"

"Me?" Valentina says in her mind as she looks away from him and her eyes were glued to the floor. Sehun then throws his popsicle in the trash can.

"Aw! Poor popsicle." Valentina says in her mind as Sehun lifts her chin up. "I already told you how I feel! And I meant every single word that I said!" Valentina speaks up.

Sehun doesn't say anything. He just pulls her into a tight embrace. Valentina was confused by his sudden affectionate gesture that she didn't know what to do.

"W-what's going on?" She asks. "Should I be concerned?" She lifts her arms up to hug him back.

Sehun let out a soft chuckle. "How dare you confess to me first?" He whispers. "I wanted to be the first one to tell you how much I love you."

"Well? Too late!" She replied back to him, letting out a small chuckle. "I did it first." She buries her face into his chest.

"Say it again." Sehun stokes her hair as his fingers get tangled in her wavy hair. "I want to hear those words again!"

"I love you so much!!" Valentina cups his cheeks as Sehun's face turns red with excitement. "I love you to the moon and back!!"

Sehun grabs her neck and he leans his face towards her as he kisses her multiple times.

"Sehun!" She giggles.

The rest of the afternoon, the young couple went out and enjoyed a romantic date as they strolled through the city. Sehun never let go of her hand for any reason.

"Out of all the happiest days I've been through, today was a memorable one." Sehun smiles.

"Because I confessed?" Valentina chuckles.

"Yes." He looks at her. "And everyday I look forward to tomorrow."

"My happiest day with you is when you come over to my place on Christmas Day."

"I thought it was the day we met." He says.

"Really?!" She chuckles. "I cursed you so much that day!"

"I'm glad I took that croissant from you." He smiles.

"Now that I think about it! You still owe me that chocolate croissant!" She slaps his shoulder.

"No I don't!" He sticks tongue out at her.

"Oh Sehun! I order you to buy me a croissant!"