Chapter 24

In Sickness And Health
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bus dropped her off right around the corner, but as soon as she stepped foot in her house, she started sneezing uncontrollably.

Luckily her parents were in their room and Ten was too busy working on his assignment to hear her. She walks into her room and she pulls out a bunch of tissues out of the tissue box.

She blows her nose out with the tissues as the sneezing gets out of control. Valentina flinches the moment she heard her door open. "Hey!! What is up with all that sneezing?!" Her mother walks in.

"I'm not sneezing!" Valentina lies, followed a loud sneeze. "Ahh choo!"

"You stubborn girl! You're going out on a strike or what?!" She slaps Valentina's shoulder.

"No!!" She sneezes again. "I'm so cold!!"

"Look at you!! You're leaving the house every time with a small jacket!! No wonder you've been sneezing so much lately!" Mrs. Kim sighs. "I'll go make you a nice hot green tea to calm that sneezing down!" She walks off.

"Lord I hope I feel better tomorrow." Valentina sighs, sitting down on the edge of her bed.

~The next day~

Instead of waken up feeling refreshed, Valentina woke up the complete opposite. Her entire body was shaking as goosebumps formed all over her arms and legs.

Her coughing and sneezing got worse as well, but that wasn't going to stop her since she has a huge exam AP English exam in a couple of hours.

She wrapped herself in layers of jackets to keep herself warm. She had a loss of appetite, but her mind was too focused on completing that exam.

~Several Minutes Later~

Valentina sneezes as she approaches her locker. Her hand was shaking completely as she opens her locker. Irene was walking by and she smiles from ear to ear as she saw Valentina wearing a beanie, a scarf, and gloves despite being in the building now.

"Hey Val!" Irene approaches her. "How come you're all bundle up? It's like 72 degrees in here."

Valentina clears her throat. "My locker can't fit my jacket and stuff so I'm just going to carrying it around with me all day." She lies.

Valentina was obviously freezing despite looking like a giant ball of blankets.

Irene looks inside her locker. "But it's empty. I think you can fit your jacket in there."

Valentina looks at her watch as she changes the subject. "AP English is about to begin. Gotta go!" She closes her locker as she runs off.

"Her class doesn't begin in like 30 minutes." Irene whispers to herself.

~Several Minutes Later~

Valentina sat down on her chair as she pulls out her spiral notebook. She looks around the room and she felt a little embarrassed looking all bundle up.

She took her winter accessories off, but the shivering only increased followed by sweating. She rubs her arms aggressively to keep them warm. She coughs into her elbow as she sets her pencil on the desk.