Chapter 19

Holiday Spirt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Later that same day~

Valentina and her family were all gathered together having dinner and everyone kept exchanging glances at each other as they all noticed how bright Valentina has been the last couple of hours.

Ten glances at Valentina as he gently blows onto his ramen. "Mom?! Val is creeping me out."

"She's too happy. Should I be worried?" Mrs. Kim asks her husband.

"Let her be." He says. "It's just a young adult thing."

"Val? You good?" Ten asks.

Valentina was too busy daydreaming about Sehun that she didn't realize her soup was already cold to the norm. She sighs, not giving a care on the world.

Ten waves his hand in front of her face and she immediately snaps back to reality. "What happened?" She asks, wondering why everyone was looking at her.

"Honey? Did your fever come back?" Her mother places her hand on Valentina's forehead.

"Mom?!" She chuckles. "I'm good."

Mrs. Kim takes her hand off. "Are you sure? I still have some supplements in the cabinet."

"I'm good, everyone." She looks at her soup. "In fact, I'm feeling better than ever!" She swallows her cold soup.

Mrs. Kim gasps. "Honey!" She grabs her husband's arm. "She ate her soup cold! She's definitely not okay."

"Are you guys all finished with dinner?" She stands up. "If you are, I'll take the plates to the sink and wash them." She replies with a smile.

They all watch her take the plates and utensils to the kitchen. "She's definitely sick!" Mrs. Kim slaps her husband's shoulder.

"Ow!! My shoulder! Be careful woman!" He says.

"She definitely has a happy virus in her." Ten says as they all watch her washing the dishes while humming to herself.

"She's going to be alright." Mr. Kim smiles. "I just know it. You have nothing to worry about."

"I'm done cleaning the entire kitchen. I'll be in my room studying if you guys need me." She says as she walks to her room.

"She spent the entire day cleaning the living room, she ate cold ramen, cleaned the entire kitchen without me telling her, and she's studying on a winter break?!" Mrs. Kim mumbles. "I don't know whether to be concerned or happy."

"You're just being dramatic honey." Mr. Kim says, standing up as he stretches his arms out. "I really need to see a chiropractor." He says to himself.

"At least she's not depressed anymore." Ten says to himself as he stands up.

Valentina shuts her door firmly as she throws herself onto the bed, smiling. The feeling happiness was that she felt at this moment.

She sits on her bed as she grabs her backpack and pulls her laptop out and she begins studying. For the next couple of hours, Valentina focuses on her major.