A Crazy Plan (part 1): The Cave

SASHA'S POV

Jelly's plan is the only hope they have, they have to bet everything on it. Sasha has faith in it. He and Jelly have called for help also Sprig, Ivy and Maddie.

Maddie, a little blue and crazy frog, was foundamental for the plan. She and Jelly worked on a special potion that can make the LandCrusher fall asleep. 

Sprig and Ivy found some explosive fungus around in the wood and Sasha, instead, asked Grime for some armor parts and she was able to wear those. 

Now they're going to the LandCrusher cave, together like a team, Sasha guides them and he has never been more determinated before. 

The cave is huge, a hole on the side of a mountain. The entrance is a black circle that seems going down right at the centre of Amphibia. Sasha takes a deep breath. 

-So, team, let's recap the plan.- Sasha says as he seats on the grass. She draws on the mud in front of her, the frogs and Jelly seat near her. 

-At my signal, the plan will start. Ivy and Sprig, you'll go on the mountain right up the entrance and you'll place every single explosive fungus. Maddie, Jelly and I will go inside the cave. The LandCrusher should be already asleep but Jelly and Maddie's potion will make it totally KO. So, we'll be quiet and sneaky and we'll poison the monster with your potion. 

Then, Maddie and Jelly will go outside and will be ready to give the signal to Sprig and Ivy. Sprig and Ivy, at the second signal you'll have to activate all the explosive fungus and run away. When the fungus will explode, the top of the mountain will crush on the cave and close the entrance.- Sasha takes a deep breath. 

-I'll be out before the explosion but guys, if something goes wrong and the LandCrusher awakes, you'll have to activate the fungus even if I'm not out of the cave yet. Got it?- Sasha says, serious. Jelly, Sprig, Ivy and Maddie exchange a worried gaze but nod. 

-But Sasha, in that case you...- Jelly tries to complain but Sasha stands up cuts off their words. 

-It doesn't matter, don't think about that. Now, let's fucking go.- Sasha says with a forced smile. The adrenaline is pushing hard inside his veins.

He, Maddie and Jelly look at Ivy and Sprig jumping on the mountain and less than ten minutes later, Sprig sounds the signal with his violin. Sasha nods in Jelly and Maddie's direction and they start walking inside the cave.

A shiver crosses Sasha's back, inside the cave the sun doesn't enter and it's cold and slimy. Sasha walks careful, leaning at the side of the cave. Jelly lights up a torch and passes it to Sasha who raises it high. Now they can hear the LandCrusher's breath. It's stinky and hot. 

Both Jelly and Maddie tug their noses. Sasha makes a disgusted face but goes on. Behind a last turn, she wide opens her eyes and almost makes a step behind. He has to grab tighter the torch, for a second he felt about to faint on the ground. The LandCrusher is right in front of them. 

Its body is furled like a snake and the head is placed near the entrance of its personal room where to sleep. All its little limbs are immobile, hang at its sides. Sasha takes a deep breath and looks at the monster's muzzle: its eyes are closed but its mouth is slightly opened and Sasha can count every of its teeth. 

He walks careful near to the monster. In one hand she grabs the bottle with the poison. The LandCrusher mumbles something and its closed eyes have a sudden tick. Sasha stops immediately till the monster's eyes return quiet and immobile. Sasha closes the gap between them and comes close to its mouth. 

She's about to faint for the smell but she holds on and pours the potion between two teeth. The dark green liquid flows inside the mouth and the LandCrusher closes its mouth all of sudden. Sasha loses his equilibrium and falls behind for the blast of air. The LandCrusher is completely gone in the dreams' realm. Sasha chuckles, nervous, he's about to have a collapse but she stands up and raises a thumb. 

-Go!- She whispers to Jelly and Maddie, before turning to the LandCrusher again and starting walking around it.

She has noticed another door, on the other side of the room. She has to go there, she's sure, it's the only way to the Strength Power.

She turns his head behind only one time to check if Maddie and Jelly have gone away. There is no one inside the cave besides he and his thoughts. And the LandCrusher, of course.

Sasha takes a deep breath and walks around the slimy body of the LandCrusher to the other door.   

a/n I always say I'll update more and then i forgot 🤡 sorry school sucks