A Spark of Hope?

SASHA'S POV

Sasha's eyes are closed. She's sitting near Anne's bed, holding her hand and caressing her forehead with his other hand. Sasha doesn't know how much time passed, maybe a couple hours, maybe ten minutes, maybe an entire night. She doesn't want to know. 

The amount of damages was too high even for her stubborn soul. Half of Wartwood had blew up for the bombs and the robots' attack. They were saved only by the arrive of the LandCrusher, that did a pretty good work beating the robots.

Sasha gasps all of sudden and opens his eyes. Anne has tightened the grab on his hand and now she's looking at Sasha with her eyes barely open. She's still too weak to wake up. 

-Anne! You should rest!- Sasha says but he can't stop Anne from trying to seat on the bed. 

-Marcy...Marcy was in the wood...where are they?- Anne murmurs, she falls backwards as soon as she tries to seat. Sasha bends on her, worried, gently holds her head in his hands. 

-Anne, you have to rest. You're weak.- Anne blinks a few times to stop the tears. 

-Marcy...I asked you where Marcy...is...- She's able to say before her eyes close. Sasha leans again her head against the pillow. He stands up and exits the room. 

-Sprig!- She calls on the doorstep. The little frog jumps to her and looks up. 

-What, Sasha?- 

-Please stay with Anne. I...have to do something.- Sasha says, inventing a stupid excuse to sneak out of the house. Sprig nods and jumps inside Anne's room. Sasha closes his hands in fists, determinated to do something useful for one time. He almost hits Grime on the stairs. 

-Sasha! Ah, it's good to see you...- The toad says, hesitant. Sasha looks pissed off and he's pretty scary. She sighs. 

-I'm fine. Have you already done a list of woundeds and who needs help?- He says and for a second he doesn't recognise herself. She looks to autoritative, now. Grime nods. 

-What you have in your mind, Sasha?- Grime asks but Sasha has already walked around him and she's gone downstairs. He exits in the sad, silent village. All the frogs are helping each other and the toads are building a wall made of sharp poles around the village. Sasha feels so guilty for everything that happened. 

-Fuck it.- He whispers, mad, walking fast directed to the main entrance of the village. She knows what she has to do and she goes on the path for the LandCrusher's cave. She'll beat its ass and earn the Strength Power. Only she can do this. 

-Sasha! Where you think you're going?- Sasha gasps and stops when he hears that voice. She turns her head behind. 

-Don't follow me, Jelly. It's too dangerous.- The little newt walks near her, looking at him with their eyes narrowed for the disappointment. 

-Exactly. You can't go there alone, don't you remember the riddle? Never go alone, the true Strength is in the team.- Sasha rolls her eyes. 

-You're right, Jelly.- He says, bitter. 

-But my team is hurt because of my stupid ego. I kissed Anne and pissed off Marcy and I wasn't enough strong to save them. I was weak and stupid and I didn't think of anything else beside my desires.- While he talks, he feels the tears flowing out her eyes, she sobs like a little child. 

-I did everything because I wanted to be Anne's girlfriend and look at me! Anne is wounded and Marcy's gone and Andrias is a psycho so they're in danger! And I didn't do anything to save them...- Jelly walks near her and grabs her hand. 

-You were too far when the robots attacked us! It's not your fault...- They stay silent for a few seconds, Sasha dries off her tears, nervous. 

-And now, what do we do?- She whispers. Jelly shrugs. 

-I don't know...but...I may have a plan.- They admit. Sasha flinches and looks down at them. 

-Really?- They say, hopeful. Jelly nods. 

-But you don't have to tell anyone.- 

-I promise.- Sasha says, serious. She'd do anything to save her friends.

a/n sorry, short chapter 🥲
not gonna lie, I'm losing some motivation here but I'll go on no matter what (i hope)
hope you enjoyed this
luv u UwU