The Strength Riddle

a/n I promise things are going to get interesting...I hope :) Have some marcanne btw :0

MARCY'S POV

No, they can't believe that. Andrias is not just a bit fucked up, he's a complete psycho. And they, Marcy Regina Wu, gave him a priceless help to reach his stupid dream of glory. They messed every up.

It's the only thing they're able to think, while crying, hoping to fade from that world and never return back. They ruined everything, Sasha was right. They wanted to be the hero and now...

They gasp, all of sudden. They've felt the gentle touch of an hand on their shoulder. Marcy turns their head back and meets Anne's eyes.

-...Anne?- Marcy asks just a second before Anne wraps them in a tight hug, squeezing Marcy's lungs.

-Anne, aren't you mad at me?- Marcy cries again, hugging back Anne. Anne shakes her head.

-Come on, it isn't your fault if you're so fucking smart, Mar Mar.- Anne whispers in their ear, before breaking the hug. Marcy dries off the tears, embarrassed. 

-You're right...I guess...- They try to fake a chuckle but a real smile appears on their face when Anne laughs. 

-Of course I am!- Anne wraps Marcy in another, quick hug. 

-This could be a problem, sadly.- Leif says, breaking the magic atmosphere between Marcy and Anne. Marcy turns their head to Leif, furrowing. 

-If Andrias has the Wit Power, he'll try to open again a portal to the human realm. And he'll try to catch you, Marcy.- Leif says. Anne stands up as soon as she hears that. 

-I'll beat Andrias' ass if he'll try to hurt my Marcy, damnit!- She says out loud. Marcy becomes of the same colour of the fire, red and almost purple. Did Anne just say...? Sasha rolls her eyes, bothered. 

-We will protect Marcy for sure! But we need the Wit Power if we want to return home.- She comments and Anne nods. 

-We have to fight Andrias.- Anne says, agreeing with Sasha. Marcy feels the impulse to talk too, to be included. They stand up and come close to Anne. 

-Guys, maybe I have a plan.- They say, shy, they glance at Sasha to guess what he's thinking but Sasha's face is a mask, impassible. Anne smiles to Marcy. 

-That's great! What you're thinking 'bout, Mar Mar?- Marcy, comforted by Anne's hopeful tone of voice, starts explaining: 

-What if before we fight Andrias we get the Strenght Power? It would be a lot easier to beat Andrias with it!- They propose. 

-That's a good idea, Marcy.- Leif says. Even Sasha nods and makes a fast smile to Marcy. 

-Leif, you said you don't remember where you put the Powers because of a spell, right?- Anne says, thinking. Marcy blushes because Anne is even cuter when she's thinking, she always caresses her chin and looks at the ceiling. Marcy clears their throat and looks somewhere else. 

-Exactly.- Leif says. Anne snaps her fingers all of sudden and a bright smile appears on her face.

-But the riddle of the Strenght power is in Wartwood, in your old house! Right, Hop Pop?- Anne turns her head behind and the old, red frog nods. 

-Yeah, but nobody never solved it.- Hop Pop says, sceptical. Anne grabs Marcy's hand and a hurricane of butterflies hits Marcy, who almost retires their hand for the surprise. What's happening with them? Anne makes a step closer to Marcy, closing the gap between them. 

-I'm sure you'll solve the riddle without problems, Mar Mar!- Anne says. Marcy can only nod, trapped in Anne's spell. 

-Great!- Anne says with a laugh, hugging Marcy for the happiness. 

-So, to be clear, we find the Strenght Power, we use it against Andrias and then we use all the three Powers to return home. Right?- Sasha recaps their plan. Marcy nods, breaking their hug with Anne. 

-Yeah, and if our suppositions are right, you'll be the host for the Strenght Power, Sasha.- Marcy says, serious, and doesn't look away when Sasha's eyes meet theirs. Sasha nods. She seems even more determinated than Marcy. 

-I'll do it. Don't worry.

...

After they greet Leif and promise her they'll keep her abreast of every news, the trio runs outside the cabin. Anne rememers where the riddle is written and guides Marcy and Sasha to it.

It feels strange to Marcy running side by side with Sasha like nothing happened. They're happy they're still able to work together despite the tension between them. 

-I'm sorry we had to left Alpha alone in this moment...- Sasha comments running, while he turns his head behind. Marcy furrows. 

-Yeah, right. She just discovered who her parents are...but I think it's better off is she talks alone with Leif about her parents.- Anne says, wisely, she stops near an old house at the swamp's border. 

-I hate this swamp, you know?- Sasha comments, twisting her nose. Anne and Marcy chukle. 

-We all hate it. But it's charming...somehow.- Anne says, and opens the main door. Marcy steps inside before Sasha, looking at her swords crossed on her belt. They wonder if Sasha learned how to use those in such a little time. 

-There!- Anne says, moving aside some ivy. Up a fireplace, there's written the riddle: 

Inside a cave that nobody has ever seen

behind the rage of a guardian

stop your anger to not get lost

never go alone, the true Strength is in the team.

Marcy furrows their brows and comes the closest they can to the fireplace. They touch the stones, feeling the hollows of the letters. 

-Well, that's pretty nonsense to me.- Sasha says, sceptical, sitting on the floor. 

-I mean, the true Strength is in the team? We are a team. And so?- He talks again. Marcy turns their head behind. 

-I think the riddle is telling us to not search the Power alone. And, as you just said, luckily we're three.- They say with a quick smile. Anne nods. 

-And what about the cave? And the guardian? Maybe it's a monster. A guardian monster...that's protecting the Power?- Anne tries to help Marcy reasoning out lout. Sasha stands up all of sudden. 

-Holy fuck, it's obvious!- He bursts out. Marcy twists their nose. 

-Ehm...language?- Sasha ignores them and walks near the fireplace, slamming an hand against the word guardian

-The LandCrusher, girls! It's a monster, nobody has never explored its cave and the frogs say they don't know why it is here! What about it's the guardian of the Strength?- Sasha says, proud of her thought. Marcy gasps and all makes sense in their head: Sasha has solved the riddle. 

-Yes, Sasha!- Marcy exclaims and before they can realise what their brain is thinking, they hug tight Sasha. Sasha wide opens her eyes, he seems about to retire when Anne joins the hug and squeezes her girls. 

-Go, team!- She shouts laughing, Sasha and Marcy can't resist and laugh with her. Marcy closes their eyes for a second, listening to Sasha's and Anne's heartbeats. They feel protected after a long time of insecurity.

a/n hope you liked it!