Chapter 34 unedited

The book is currently nr 52 in romance. Highest rating ever. Thank you for all the support :)

Mike POV
The moment that the cops put the cuffs on me I felt that everything that could go wrong had gone wrong. Not only I wasn't able to leave the country with Nikki now we were in bigger trouble then ever. I was going to be in prison for some time, let's just say that I didn't trust the justice system as much here, Jack was shot and Jennifer could probably get away and harm Nikki in the future. I needed to do something asap but short of knocking out the cops and escaping I couldn't think of anything else. The bad thing is that while I could escape from them I a, pretty sure they would have my name everywhere in the news and I couldn't leave the country. I am pretty sure Jennifer would give them all the information that needed to find me.

"Signora, can you come with us and give us more information of what you saw?" The female cop spoke in English with a thick Italian accent. In another I would have loved to listen to them talk but now everything aggravated me. And it was all Jack fault. While I hoped that he survived and he didn't have any permanent consequences I wanted to punch him for everything that he put us through. He was behaving like a caveman, kidnaping the woman he liked and probably beating his chest with his fists to show to the world that he owned her.

"But of course." Came Jennifer reply. She just walked past me and in a low voice told me that I was going down. The two morons that were supposed to do their job instead of looking the scene of crime for any proofs they were just ogling Jennifer like she was the last female on earth and the fate of humanity depended on her. What kind of cops where they?

"Shouldn't you ask other people if they saw something?" I told the cop on my left that was accompanying me to the police car.

"La Signora was very helpful, we have everything we need."

"La signora is a lying female dog. She is the one who shot him not me." I yelled at the cop.

"She is a cute puppy?" The cop asked me wanting to understand what I said and totally ignoring the part when I told him she was the one doing the shooting.

"Not a cute puppy. A slut, a bitch, how do you say in your language, I think puttana is the word for it." I said happy to remember the curse word Miles taught me. According to him I wasn't a man if I didn't know at least to curse in 5 different languages. I thought it was stupid but hey it came in handy.

"How dare you!" He said, his face turning red. "She is a very nice signorina. You are going to jail for hitting her. Is this how your treat women in America?"

"Is this how you treat innocents in Italy?" I snapped at him. "Why don't you do your fu*king job instead of sniffing around her skirts. How did you pass the test to become a cop?"

"I wasn't sniffing her dress, but she does smell nice, like roses. She is pretty as one too." I just wanted to scream or punch him. He was making me lose my peace of mind.

"She is nothing like a rose. She is more likely like a thorny bush. Are we there yet?" I asked the cop. I couldn't wait to get way from the star struck cop.

"We are here." The other cop said and they both got out of the police car.

"Do I have the right of a call?" I asked the cops right before the placed me in a cell with other people that were there for god knows what crimes, or worse they were just innocents that were there for nothing.

"Just make it short." The cop who had fallen hopelessly in love with Jennifer told me pointing to the phone.

I dialed Miles number right away. If there anyone that could do something about my situation it was him. Plus Nikki didn't have her phone so I couldn't call her since I hadn't exactly memorized Jack number.

"Hello?" Miles sounded surprised

"It's me. I am in dip shit." I said going straight to the point

"Don't tell me she likes Jack better? Didn't you show her who was the man in the bedroom? Don't tell me your are getting old and keep up. Get it, keep up." He laughed at his own stupid joke. Typical Milies.

"Actually I am in prison for shooting Jack."

"How could you get stupid and get caught. Haven't you learned a thing from me?"

"Miles shut up and let me finish. I didn't really shoot him. Jennifer did and she blamed me and the cops here are so stupid that they didn't even doubt her. I don't know how she does it but they think she is like some kind of angel and I am the devil since I punched her."

"You punched her? I am so proud of you. Speaking of her, I did some research on her since the last time we talked and guess what?"

"Miles I don't have times for games, just tell me and see if you can do something about my situation."

"She has a twin sister, Isabel who was apparently nuts so her parents locked her up in a sanitarium. The thing is that she escaped from there almost 5 years ago and no one knows what happened to her. They haven't seen her since and the doctor who helped her escape was caught trying to help escape another patient since he was sleeping with her. It seems like he slept with a lot of them and some of the families had become suspicious of his behavior and after complaining to his supervisor he got caught"

"What does this have to do with me? So what if her sister was nuts, she seems like she is nuts too. This doesn't help me.

"Don't you get it? I think that she probably killed her sister and took her identity. The few people that I spoke with that knew Jennifer told me that she seemed like a different person. I bet that's because she is a different person, she must be Isabel. If I prove that than her credibility will fall and she will go to jail instead for her crimes."

"I hope this doesn't take long."

"It won't. Right now I parked under her apartment. I am going to see if there is some proof that can help me prove my theory."

"You are breaking in? What if someone sees you and calls the cops"

"Honey I am the cops." He laughed hard

"At least you are not like these idiots here." I said and at the same time the cop behind me said " Hey, we are not a idiot"

Miles laughed harder after that. "Just tell them to do the test to see if you have any gun powder residue in your hands. It should be negative since you didn't pull the trigger and they will have the proof that you are innocent." He spoke while I could hear some noise in the background.

"Thank you. What is that noise?"

"Nothing I am just trying to break her lock." He said in a tone like breaking and entering was a daily event. To him probably was.

"I am in!" Miles said happy and just hung up on me.

A/N
Hi guys. I don't want any Italians that are reading the story to think that I am judging them. The cops are just men that are being manipulated by Jennifer/Isabel. It has nothing to do with their nationality. Just remember that while she is nuts she is very good at manipulating people. Jack is one example. Saying that enjoy the story and please vote and comment.
Also show some love for my other story Young love.