𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Can't believe I'm updating this again only to have to go back on hiatus in like two weeks 🥲. Welcome to college life everyone aka the most time consuming part of my life.

『• • • ✎ • • • ✎ • • • ✎ • • •』
Saebom High School
The 8th Saebom Festival

Chankyung was sure that staying to watch Gowoon in her chorus performance was the right decision. The only downside was the slight chance she would run into Seojun and she didn't want him seeing her dressed up for a date with his ex best friend. That definitely wouldn't end well no matter how she  tried to spin it in her head to try and figure out a way not spark Seojun's jealousy that she knew he had.

Shaking her head to rid herself of her own confusing thoughts she instead focused on the stage waiting for the chorus class's performance to start. She drummed her fingers against her ironed black pants feeling a bit impatient, focused on the closed curtains, when feeling someone tap her shoulder. She turned her head and was greeted by Jugyeong's smiling face before sitting next to her.

"Jugyeong why are you... oh your here for Gowoon as well right?" She asked her new friend.

Jugyeong nodded before doing a glance over at her outfit, "Right. I was worried about her since I heard what happened this morning but she texted me saying you handled it," She told her. She then leaned in closer to Chankyung's face asking, "Are you really okay being here? Aren't you afraid of running into Seojun?"

Chankyung shook her head before answering, "I can't avoid him forever, we go to school together. Besides our break up has nothing to do with Gowoon."

As soon as Chankyung finished explaining herself to Jugyeong the curtains drew open showing all the students of chorus class dressed in white. The two fell silent, along with the audience, as they intensely listened to the group singing, the two young teen girls smiling when Gowoon stepped forward away from her group and began singing her solo.

With the spotlight on her, the happiness radiating off Gowoon, and how beautiful she sounded Chankyung was proud to say she was the main attraction. Once she was finished Chankyung and Jugyeong were some of the first slew of people to stand up and give her a standing ovation, Chankyung calling out, "woohoo! Go Gowoon!"

Seojun looked over at the person who was cheering for his sister, his eyes lighting up with joy, noticing that it was Chankyung. A part of him wanting to run down and meet her but remembered that, not only were they in a auditorium full of other people, but that by doing that he'd take away his sister's moment so he calmed down and started back up his clapping for his sister.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ -ˋˏ -ˋˏ ༻✿༺ -ˋˏ

At the end of the performance Jugyeong and Chankyung agreed to wait and meet Gowoon outside to properly congratulate her on an amazing performance. Chankyung was the one leading Jugyeong to the chorus group, holding out her hand to catch Gowoon's attention, making the younger girl smile widely once she spotted the two.

"Chankyung! Chankyung! Jugyeong!" Gowoon exclaimed, running up the black haired teen and wrapping her in a tight hug.

Chankyung couldn't help but laugh as she returned the hug before Gowoon let go to hug Jugyeong briefly. "Seriously, Gowoon you were the best out of everybody in there," Chankyung complimented her.

"I told you were going to be amazing and you shined in there!" Jugyeong continued, eyes bright with joy.

"Thank you, both of you," Gowoon said. Her eyes then lit up with recognition at something behind the two girls. "Oh it's my brother."