sneaking around (rc)

"I mean UGH y/n what do I do?!" Sarah paced back and forth the length of your room. You sat cross-legged on your bed, following her movements with your eyes.

"Sar I'm sure it'll be okay, anything you get him will make him happy!" There was a sending issue with the gift Sarah ordered for John b's birthday and she was freaking out. You weren't sure why, knowing John b couldn't care less about a present.

"Why don't you go get some stuff for his surfboard, isn't it kind of falling apart?" You laughed. Her eyes widened and she clapped her hands together, "that's such a good idea! Thank you thank you I love you!"

Her voice disappeared as she ran into the hallway, down the stairs, and out your front door. You let out a breath you hadn't realized you were holding. "Okay... she's gone." You spoke out loud, seconds later Rafe emerged from under your bed.

"Jesus y/n/n I was runin' out of oxygen under there." He dramatically held onto his lower back in pain as you rolled your eyes. "I still can't believe she came all the way over here!" You exclaimed.

"Just be thankful our clothes were on." Rafe joked, laying back down next to you. You scolded him but still huffed out a laugh.

You and Rafe had been sneaking around for a couple of months now. It started as more of a hook up, you and him were feeling lonely. But along the way you fell for each other, of course you were both oblivious to this fact.

You were also good friends with Sarah and didn't want to upset her in any way. You never thought it would go on as long as it had, so you never considered that flaw in the plan.

You and Rafe had managed to always hang out unseen and without worry, until now of course. More often than not you went to Tanneyhill to see Sarah, and if she was coming over she would text you.

So needless to say, when you were in the middle of making out with her brother, you freaked out when she came through the front door yelling your name.

You so badly wanted to ask Rafe to become more exclusive, but the words were always caught in your throat. "You ok?" He asked, your concern evident on your face.

You pulled him back to your lips, kissing him as an answer, which turned into more. Leaving the question forgotten.

Your frustration only continued to grow, but you struggled to bring it up. You feared rejection, so you figured you would just continue what this was. You'd rather have him this way than not at all.

A week or so later you and Sarah were at a classmate's house party. You had texted Rafe earlier that day to see if he would be there but he never answered you. So, in the proper self destructive behavior, you got drunk.

You weren't incoherent or anything, but the happy drunk was helping clear out the cloudy thoughts. "Hey y/n, I'm so happy you made it!" You heard from behind you. You turned around to see Bradley, the house party host.

"Oh my gosh hi! It's been a while!" You wrapped your arms around his shoulders in a hug, some of your drink spilling from your cup onto your fingers. You shook them dry with no concern as you continued your conversation.

The conversation was completely friendly, but to Rafe it looked anything but that. You hadn't even noticed he was there yet, but his eyes had been on you since he walked through the door.

Caught up in the way you smiled, Rafe almost missed Sarah marching right up to him. He averted his gaze and cleared his throat. "Cut the shit." Sarah exclaimed, arms crossed over her chest.

He was taken aback by the words, "what they hell are you talking about?" He countered. Sarah sighed and rolled her eyes. "You guys are together, I'm not dumb." Rafe's eyes widened as he tried to stutter out a response.

"I saw your shoes and wallet at her house the other day." She smirked, feeling proud of herself. "Look Sarah I-" His younger sister cut him off before he could continue. "It's okay, really. I always thought there was something between y'all."

Rafe couldn't stop the blush that rose onto his cheeks. He had completely fallen for you, but didn't know how to confess these newfound feelings. He threw back the rest of his beer, ignoring Sarah's calls and walking towards you.

You looked past Bradley as Rafe came into view, your face contorting in confusion. "Rafe? Hey I-" You didn't even get to finish your sentence before Rafe had a hand on your waist. "She'll be right back." He looked to Bradley before leading you away.

You were still processing the interaction that you hadn't said a word until you were both outside away from the crowds. "Um hi?" Were the only words you could conjure up.

He opened and closed his mouth, no words passing his lips as he ran his hands through his hair. You were about to speak again when both of his hands harshly cupped your face, pulling your face to his.

His lips on yours felt like coming home, and you quickly melted into him. Your hands gripped the front of his shirt as you kissed like it might be the last thing you do. He slowed his movements before pulling away, still looking into your eyes.

"I want you to be mine okay? No one else's, I want everyone to know I'm the luckiest man because you're mine." You felt your stomach drop, butterflies churning around. You simply smiled up at him, wrapping your arms firmly around his shoulders.

He responded with a toothy grin, feeling a weight lift from his shoulders. "I thought you'd never ask." You pulled him back into a kiss, still slightly smiling. Thank god there would be no more sneaking around.