not worth it (rc)

warnings: mentions of drinking, fighting, swearing

It was another typical Saturday night at tanneyhill, smoke and loud music fill the house. Ward and Rose left for the weekend, sending Wheezie to stay with a friend. Leaving Rafe with the perfect party opportunity.

You and Rafe have been dating for just around a year now, and you were the best thing to happen to him. He still parties of course and gets in the occasional fight but you are the one thing that can bring him back.

You've listened to all of the rants about Ward and assured him time and time again that he is enough.

"Hey pretty girl." Rafe comes to sit next to you on the couch throwing his arm over your shoulder. You immediately smile and lean into him, "Hi handsome."

"You having fun?" He looks down to you, constantly checking that you're okay. "Yeah of course, just a little tired." You lean up and place a quick kiss on his jaw.

"Yo Rafe we got next!" Topper yelled across the room holding up a ping pong ball. "You've been summoned..." You joke nodding towards the game of beer pong.

"Duty calls!" He huffs out as he stands to his feet. He presses a quick kiss to your forehead before jogging over to his friends.

You've also somehow managed to get Rafe and his posse to be at least cordial with the pogues. You are Sarah became fast friends when you started dating Rafe and you enjoyed her new boyfriend and friends.

They were all so kind to you and appreciated that you weren't just another stuck up kook. And since you've managed this, you've gotten them to come to the parties as well.

You look over towards the kitchen to see Sarah dancing around John B. She was clearly having the best time and you couldn't help but smile to yourself.

You walked up behind her and pulled her into a quick hug. "wha- Y/N!!" She squealed pulling you in even tighter.

You said your hellos and gave hugs to the rest of the group and continued with small talk. Sarah was clearly drunk but so were majority of the people here so you didn't think about it much at first.

It was when she started hiccuping that you noticed how much she had drank. "Alright Sarah why don't we get some water?" You smile at her and slowly drag her away.

"But I'm having funnn" She protested through her giggles. "You won't be having fun if you keep going babes." You rub her shoulder as you lead her in front of you.

"You pogues are welcome to stay there's more than enough room in this house." You tell the crew, "and that's why you're our favorite kook!" You let out a laugh as JJ raises his beer towards you. Pope slaps his arm and Kiara rolls her eyes at JJ as she thanks you.

You and Kie were also pretty close when you were younger, and you were happy the relationship had mended.

"Fuck, seriously Sarah?" Rafe raised his arms in frustration as you took Sarah up the stairs. "Stop stealing my girl!!" He yelled with his hands cupped around his mouth.

"Not my fault she likes me more!" Sarah yelled back as you finally reached the top of the grand staircase. You gave Rafe a smile and told him you'd be right back down. He threw his head back in frustration, but you could see the smile ghosting on his lips.

Sarah practically jumped onto her bed as you rummaged through the dresser to find her a t-shirt to change into. "I'm kinda hungry" Sarah mumbled into her pillow.

You placed her water bottle next to her and put the Advil on the nightstand. "Frozen pizza?" You asked in a sing song voice. She practically shot up scaring you as she gasped "this is why I love you."

You laughed at the outburst and pulled the blanket over her, "I love you more, I'll go put the pizza in." For all you knew Sarah would be passed out by the time it was ready but it still sounded good.

You headed back downstairs to see a majority of people had left besides the friends closest to you. Rafe, Topper, and Kelce were already staring into the fridge hoping something would magically appear.

"You boys hungry?" You laughed coming up behind Rafe and wrapping your arms around his torso. He immediately spun you around so you were facing his chest, hands on your waist. "Starving." He responded pulling your face up to kiss him.

His hands rested on each side of your face, his thumb gently moving back and forth on your cheek, easily forgetting other people were there.

"Not sure how you two making out is gonna help the other hungry people." Topper complained as Rafe pulled his face away slightly winking at you.

"I was gonna make a pizza for Sarah I'll make extra!" You exclaimed heading to the freezer. The boys thanked you as they sat down sipping on their drinks.

"Did everyone leave?" You asked realizing how late it has gotten. "Yeah I think so, might be a few backyard stragglers. I should check." Rafe shrugged before heading outside.

Topper and Kelce started fighting over who got dibs on a girl they met. "No dude I swear I saw her first!" Kelce flailed his arms around and you had to hide your laughter.

You turn your head towards the back door to check on Rafe. You couldn't make out much in the dark but it seemed like he was talking to someone.

"Guys, come outside." You wave to the others, stepping towards the back door. After noticing they followed suit.

"Just go home man you're wasted." You could hear Rafe say. You furrow your eyebrows together stepping into the grass.

"Oh well if it isn't the kook princess!" You could now clearly see the other person, his name was Josh. He was only a year younger than y'all, also a major douchebag.

Topper and Kelce stepped up towards Rafe, defensive of their friend. "Dude seriously we can call you an uber but you gotta go." Topper spoke up.

"What happened to the crazy Rafe Cameron huh? Oh that's right, you have a girlfriend and got whipped." He slurred out while swaying, barely able to stand.

You crossed your arms over your chest trying to seem unbothered, but it stung a little. You could see Rafe getting agitated as his fists clenched by his sides.

You walked towards him, "Rafe come on, Josh go home seriously." You grabbed his hand hoping he'll follow. He pinched the bridge of his nose with his other hand.

You both headed toward the house with Topper and Kelce not far behind. "Ah come on what happened to the better Rafe?"

Before you knew it you were removing your hand from Rafe's and stomping back towards Josh and throwing your fist in his face.

Josh stumbled back grabbing his nose. "You bitch!" He yelled out as you shook your hand, realizing how bad it hurt to punch. "Oh shit" Topper laughed behind you.

When you turned around all three boys had their jaws on the floor. "Well Josh there's your answer!" Kelce joined in the laughter.

"Fuck you guys." He spat out before finally leaving. You walked back up to Rafe and saw his lips twitching up into a smile.

"Shit babe... who knew!" He grabbed your hand inspecting your now red knuckles. He pulled you into a hug kissing the top of your head.

"I'm supposed to be protecting you here you know." He scoffed as you all walked back inside shutting the porch lights off.

"Come on Mike Tyson let me clean you up." Rafe pulled you towards the sink. You watched your favorite side of Rafe come out. His gentle hands cleaning yours up, his blue eyes deep in concentration.

"I'm sorry babe I really shouldn't have done that, he was just being mean to you and-" He pulled your hands into his shushing you.

"Are you kidding? Don't say sorry, that was badass. That's why I love you Y/N." That cheeky smile plastered on his face.

He placed his hand on the back of your neck connecting your lips to his. "I love you too." He finished by placing a band aid over a small cut and giving it a small kiss. "All better beautiful."

"Is my pizza ready yet?" Sarah stumbled into the kitchen with the blanket wrapped around her. You and Rafe let out a laugh, knowing she would by dying to hear what happened in the morning.