safety (ds)

If getting into a car wreck wasn't scary enough, your nightmares only made it worse. A few weeks back you drove to pick Drew up from a late night of filming.

You were so close to home, when suddenly another car crashed right into the passenger side. Thankfully you both walked away with just some cuts and bruises.

It feels like when you can't scream or run in a dream but in this case, you couldn't stop the wreck. Every nightmare involved the exact accident, and you having to helplessly watch Drew get hurt.

Again, thankfully you both were okay but you couldn't help but hold some guilt since you were the driver. Wishing you could've prevented it in some way. Drew was more worried about you versus himself, he could tell how scared you were afterwards.

Here you were again, driving down the dark road with only a few miles to go. Your vision was blurry and you felt like you were losing control but couldn't do anything about it.

Drew's words were muffled in your ears as you tried to open your eyes wider, hoping for your vision to clear. The headlights became brighter to the right of you, but it was already too late. The car slammed into Drew's side as you jolted awake.

Your chest was heaving up and down as you struggled to breath. You could feel the dampness on your shirt, your sweat beading on your skin. You whipped your head to the other side of the bed, only to freak out more when you noticed it was empty.

When you woke up from these dreams and saw Drew next to you, it instantly calmed you. So him not being there made your chest tighten.

"Drew?" You croaked out as your eyes adjusted to the darkness. He emerged from the bathroom a second later.

His gym shorts hung low on his hips, and he was rubbing the heel of his hand into his eyes. Once seeing your distressed face, he hustled back to the bed.

"Whoa hey baby, you alright?" He sat down to face you and placed his hands on your shoulders. Using the pad of his thumb to gently rub up and down.

Your lips were pulled into a frown and you could feel that lump in your throat. You didn't really need to say anything for him to understand what was going on.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked quietly. You deeply inhaled through your nose before speaking. "I just- can't help but feel guilty and-"

"y/n/n." Drew cut you off as he took your hand in his. He guided your hand to his chest, placing it flat against him.

"Feel that?" He asked while lightly squeezing your hand. You stared at him awestruck as you felt his heart beating. You nodded and mumbled out a small 'yeah'.

"I'm here and I'm fine." He had a small crease on his forehead as he looked at you to make sure his words seeped in.

"C'mere." He pulled you into him and laid you both back down under the covers. You were face to face with your legs tangled together. "Can I tell you something?"

He asked while running his arm up and down your shoulder. You gave him a quick kiss, needing to feel closer, before telling him to continue.

"I feel guilty sometimes too. I mean I'm the one who asked to be picked up." You chewed on your bottom lip, feeling bad for not noticing he was going through the same thing.

"I'm sorry, but it's not your fault Drew you know that." You raised your hand to rest on his cheek, his eyes fluttering shut at the contact.

"And it's not yours either." He raised one eyebrow at you as your lips quirked up into a smile. "No matter what nightmare you have, you'll always wake up next to me okay?"

You could get lost in the blue of his eyes, they were filled with so much emotion and it made your heart swell.

"Thank you." You placed your head down onto his chest. "Now try and get some sleep okay?" You nodded against him and he hummed contently.

Drew was always good at talking you down, or helping you think things through. As you started to drift off in his arms, you knew you were safe.

He would always do whatever he could to make sure you were happy, because he loved your smile. You were forever grateful for your teddy bear of a boyfriend.

a/n: Hiii! I just got back from a vacation with my family and I didn't have time to write like I thought I would so my apologies♥️♥️ This was an idea from @randomdshi so thank you very much I hope you like it! I hope you all are doing well xoxo