sober (rc)

WARNINGS: drinking alcohol
inspired by a tik tok, user is @  rippha and Wish You Were Sober by Conan Gray

Kelce's party was in full swing. Loud music blasting, beer pong games, and people everywhere. You were dancing around with your friends, trying to savor every moment with them. Everyone was home for winter break and you couldn't wait to see the people you missed.

You enjoyed college, you liked your classes, met new people, but nothing beat your hometown friends. You were also excited to see a certain someone, Rafe Cameron. You would never admit it, but you always had a bit of a crush on him.

No matter how many times he messed up, you couldn't shake it. He had definitely grown as a person since leaving for college. The both of you stayed in North Carolina for school but only crossed paths when at home.

"I need a break!" You best friend pulled you closer to talk over the music. "I'll come!" You responded, both of you pushed through the other dancing people. You both drunkenly giggled walking into the kitchen to get another drink.

Rafe and Topper were leaning against the kitchen island, catching up with each other. You walked up next to him and lightly placed your hand on his arm. He turned around to face you, eyes lighting up seeing you standing in front of him.

"Hey y/n/n! How are you?" He grabbed your waist pulling you into a hug. You wrapped your arms around his neck as he lifted you slightly off the ground. "Hey Rafe I'm good, you?" You laughed as he squeezed you in a bear hug.

"Good yeah, needed a break that's for sure." He scoffed placing your feet back on the ground. "Oh my gosh this song!" You best friend jumped in between the two of you, grabbing your arm to drag you back to dance.

You looked over your shoulder to give Rafe a quick smile. He waved back at you before disappearing from your sight. "So finally gonna talk to her?" Topper smirked as he brought the can of beer up to his lips. "Oh shut up Top."

After even more dancing and vodka sprites you were definitely drunk. You decided to sit down at some point, needing a breather. When you got back up you couldn't find your friends. You stumbled around the living room, huffing when you realized they probably left.

You sat back down on the couch, feeling tired. "Hey you alright?" Rafe squatted down, placing his hand on your shoulder. "Hi" You looked at his blue eyes laughing at nothing. He smiled at your nonsense.

"Okay let's get you home." He helped you sit up on the couch before grabbing your hand with his to help you stand. You leaned into his side, breathing in the cologne you always liked. "Where did your friends go?"

Rafe was confused why they would just leave you like that. Little did he know that was their plan all along, they knew he would drop everything to take care of you. "I dunno, bitches." You said sarcastically shaking your head.

Rafe laughed, helping you into the passenger seat of his car. You were getting sleepier by the second, the alcohol giving you a head rush. He jogged around the car quickly jumping in the driver's seat.

You rolled your head on the seat to face him, smiling as he looked over at you. "Kiss me in the seat of your rover." You whispered, leaning towards the console. Rafe's stomach dropped at your words, the words he had been wanting to hear all break.

"Real sweet, but I wish you were sober." Rafe responded, knowing you were in no state to make that kind of decision. You furrowed your eyebrows together, giving him a pouting face. He pushed your hair behind your ear, running his thumb over your bottom lip.

He squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, before letting go of you and putting the car into drive. "You know, drunk minds speak sober thoughts." You joked, watching as he pulled out of the driveway. "yeah yeah whatever you say sweet girl."

The name rolling off his tongue easily, making your cheeks heat up in embarrassment. "Wait, I was supposed to sleep at y/f/n's house, I- I don't wanna go home like this." Your parents were chill for the most part, you just didn't want to have to listen to another lecture.

"Um, you can come over for a little?" Rafe offered, turning towards his house instead. "Yeah thank you." You smiled. Rafe knew that Ward would be too busy in his study to even worry about what he was doing.

He parked the car and came around to help you out before you could even unbuckle your seatbelt. You smiled at how attentive he was, happily taking his hand once again. You both quietly entered the Cameron residence, walking up the stairs to Rafe's room.

As you both walked in Rafe tossed his keys onto the dresser, and you immediately plopped down onto the bed, not even truly thinking about your actions. You cuddled up on his blanket as he sat down next to you.

"Need anything? Food, water?" Rafe asked, placing his hand on your leg. "Hmm, comfy clothes." You decided, feeling uncomfortable in your jeans and top. Rafe sucked in a breath, you were only making it worse for him.

"Uh, okay I'll grab you a t-shirt." He grabbed one out of the drawers, placing it in your hands. "I'll go get you some water and let you change." You hummed in response, sitting up to get changed.

Rafe quickly went into the kitchen, getting a glass of water and some Advil just incase. By the time he came back upstairs you had already changed and fallen asleep, your hands clutching the covers up to your chest. He smiled and quietly placed the water on the nightstand.

He grabbed one of the extra pillows and a blanket from the closet, making himself a makeshift pallet on the floor. He leaned over, placing a gentle kiss on your forehead. "Goodnight y/n." He whispered before turning the lights off and doing his best to fall asleep too.

You woke up with a headache, rubbing your eyes with you fists. Once your vision became clear, you realized this was definitely not your bedroom or your friends. You mouth dropped open once last night's events played in your mind.

"Oh my god." You whispered to yourself, hearing something moving next to you. You looked down to see Rafe laying on the floor, starting to wake up. You smoothed your hair down and rubbed under your eyes quick.

"Oh hey, how're you feeling?" Rafe asked sitting up and placing his weight on his arms. "You slept on the floor?" You ignored his first question, trying to figure out what was going on. "Uh yeah you passed out when I went to get water so I just slept down here." He laughed, patting his hand on the floor.

"Oh- I'm so sorry Rafe I was a mess wasn't I?" You laughed slapping your hand on your forehead. He stood up and walked over to sit on the edge of the bed. "Happens to the best of us." He shrugged with a smile.

"I hope I wasn't too embarrassing." You cringe to yourself. "Oh no no," Rafe started sarcastically as he slowly inched towards you. "Just uh  'kiss me in the seat of your rover' or something like that." He winked at you. You buried your face into your hands, remembering the moment.

"I hate myself." You laughed, Rafe was much closer to you now causing you to look back up. "Was it uh- was it true?" You chewed at your lip nervously before responding, "Well I think I said something about drunk minds speaking sober thoughts."

You nervously looked into his eyes. He slowly leaned forward and you met him halfway, connecting your lips. You both sighed into the kiss like you had been waiting for it. He brought his hand up to cup your face, lightly running his thumb across your cheek.

"I guess what they say is true." Rafe chuckled pulling away. "Wanna go back to sleep?" You smiled at him pushing his hair away from his face.

"Yeah." In a swift motion he grabbed your waist pulling you flush against his chest. You sighed snuggling closer to him. Both of you continuing the kiss the other, before finally falling back asleep.