It's you (rc)

You didn't understand why your parents wouldn't just let you stay home alone. They insisted on you staying with the Cameron's while they were in California for business. Of course Rose and Ward were adamant you stay with them, and hey at least you wouldn't be alone.

You didn't really complain though, Sarah was one of your best friends and you were excited to spend time with her. The oldest Cameron though, was a tough subject. You've only been pining after him for what felt like an eternity.

You knew it was stupid and so god damn cliche, a crush on your best friends brother. You thought were you smooth about it, keeping it secret. Sarah knew early on, the way you looked at Rafe the way she looked at John B. You were disgustingly in love, most people could tell.

Except for the one that mattered of course. Rafe always had this weird feeling when he was around you but he couldn't decipher it. He was too scared to decipher it. So the two of you continued on with your teasing banter that was laced with tension.

You and Sarah currently had the house to yourselves. Wheezie was sleeping at a friend's house while Ward and Rose were out for dinner with friends. Rafe was on a date, and the thought made your head spin.

He went out with girl after girl, all of whom were breathtakingly beautiful. Which only chipped away at your confidence more. But you couldn't understand what he saw in them, they didn't even know him. Not like you knew him.

"Here try it!" You were pulled out of your thoughts when Sarah handed you a cold glass. The two of you decided to make margaritas and you happily sipped on the drink. Tequila and strawberry flavor dancing on your tongue.

Sarah smiled smugly as you praised her for her drink making skills. You both finished one and poured another before going back to the couch. You snuggled up next to other and surfed through movies, trying to decide what to watch.

You landed on some cheesy rom-com, it felt fitting for the girls night you were having. You ended up talking most of the movie, she was filling you in on John B and the pogues.

"You're kidding! Ugh I'm team jj all the way." Kiara was currently in a love triangle and you lived for the drama of it all. You giggled before taking a big sip. "Pope's just the sweetest though!" Sarah defends, and you couldn't argue with that.

You were well past drunk, it was a miracle neither of you spilled on the white couch yet. Sarah was about to continue her story as you both heard the door open and shut, footsteps following after.

Both of you were momentarily scared before seeing Rafe come into view. You felt your heart squeeze when he looked your way. He scoffed and rolled his eyes, turning on his heel towards you and Sarah. He threw his keys up in his hand, catching them exaggeratedly.

"Drinking are we? Now what would dad say?" He widened his eyes and you heard Sarah groaning next to you. "You can have some if you promise not to tell." She bargained. He nodded in agreement before walking towards the kitchen.

Your eyes followed him, him and his broad shoulders and biceps that his shirt hugged perfectly. You quickly spun back around, not wanting him to catch you staring. You can see the couch from the kitchen island and now it was his turn to stare.

You were wearing baggy sweatpants with a tank top and still you looked perfect. Your cheeks were flushed from the alcohol and the strawberry flavoring had stained your lips red. It was hard for him to look away.

You nearly forgot the whole reason he was gone until Sarah said something as he walked back with the drinks. "So how was the date?" Her tone filled with something that indicated she didn't actually care.