NYE (rc)

8:30 pm

"Is this cute or should I do the silver top instead?" You turned to face your friend for fashion advice. You were still home from college for break and currently getting ready for a New Years eve party with your best friend.

"Wear the gold for sure it looks so good!" She responded as she carefully applied anther coat of lipstick. You nodded turning back to face the mirror and carefully look over your outfit. "I am totally gonna go for Topper tonight."

Your jaw dropped at her words and you nearly choked on the drink you just took a sip of. "Finally!! I told you he likes you." You teased as you clasped your necklace onto your neck. "Okay don't even, you better be kissing Rafe or I'm officially giving up on love."

You both laughed, of course you and your best friend would have crushes on a pair of best friends. You all went to school near each other and hung out every chance you got. And the both of you finally decided to boss up and take matters into your own hands.

9:30 pm

"You guys made it!" Topper greeted the two of you with white claws in hand. You happily accepted and hugged Topper on your way in. You left your best friend to have some alone time with him. There were already plenty of people at his house and more joined as time went on.

Rafe nervously threw back a few shots, hoping he could work up the courage to kiss you at midnight. He had been wanting to ask you out for a while but was scared that the feelings weren't reciprocated.

Your heart skipped a beat when you spotted him talking with Kelce in the living room. You messed with your hair quickly before heading towards the boys. Rafe had his back to you so Kelce spotted your first, his lips turning up into a smile.

"y/n!! It's so good to see you!" He exclaimed pulling you into a hug. Rafe spun around quickly at the mention of your name, his eyes widening seeing you walk in.

"I missed you so much!" You squeezed your friend tight. Rafe stood by waiting for his chance, you looked over to him biting your smile back, "Hey Rafey!" He rolled his eyes at the nickname you had given as a joke this year.

"Hi y/n/n." He responded with a smile, wrapping his arms around your waist. You felt butterflies in your stomach as you wrapped your arms around his neck. "Missed you." You whispered into his ear, making his cheeks blush.

"You saw me a few days ago?" He laughed pulling back while keeping his hands placed firmly on your hips. "Not allowed to miss you?" You joked, looking up into his eyes. "Fair enough."

11:00 pm

After a few mixed drinks you and your best friend decided that you could beat Rafe and Topper at beer pong, and they happily took that challenge. And the girls were absolutely crushing the boys.

They gave each other confused looks once in a while, wondering how on earth the two of you managed to do so well while drunk. You both jumped up and down every time the other made a shot, laughing in happiness as the boys rolled their eyes.

11:30

"Okay one more shot before the big moment?" Your friend asked pulling you aside and you nodded your head exaggeratedly. You felt the familiar burn as you both took a shot for confidence.

"Ready?" You asked placing your hands on your best friend's shoulders. She looked at you intently copying your action, "Ready as I'll ever be." You both giggled as you grabbed flutes of champagne and made your way back to the boys.

You handed one to Rafe as he thanked you, pulling him into your side. The music had been turned down for the countdown and your stomach swarmed with nerves.

11:58

Rafe kept you close to him making sure that he could have your kiss and you happily stayed near. Rafe leant down to you so he could talk over the noise. "Y/n." He smirked in your face. "Rafe." You returned.

"10 9 8!" Everyone started to scream each number, counting down to a new year. "Can I kiss you?" He finally asked. You wrapped your arms around his neck pulling him close to you. "7 6 5 4!"

"I've been waiting for you to kiss me all night." You smiled leaning in closer. "3 2 1!" You both cheered at the last second before Rafe pulled you into him, placing his lips on yours. The both of you barely able to hold back your smile.

"Happy new year Rafe." You smiled as you rest your forehead on his. Rafe placed his lips back on yours in a passionate kiss, "Happy new year y/n." You smiled kissing him once again. Excited to enter the new year with your favorite person.

a/n: I am tipsy on champagne as I write this, happy new year everyone. !! I appreciate every single one of you and lets make 2022 our bitch <3