I cannot, but I can

Kirishima frowned.

"You know, the more I think about this, the more it seems like a bad idea."

Mina pushed him through the cafeteria doors, Kaminari and Sero on their tails. Kirishima immediately spotted Bakugou, waiting in line for his usual cup of coffee.

"You can do it Kiri, I believe in you!" Mina cheered, though struggling to get Kirishima to step forward.

"No I actually can't, I'll die where I stand if I do."

"My dude, just ask him, I'm sure he'll say yes!" Sero assured, slapping Kaminari upside the head for laughing.

With a sigh, and a groan from Mina, he stiffly made his way towards Katsuki, who had just taken a notice of him from his phone.

"...are you fucking constipated...?"

Kirishima gulped, his shoulders tightening up. He was so bad at hiding his emotions, but after processing what Katsuki said he could help but relax a bit.

"Huh what? No."

"Then why are you walking as if your bowels are blocked?" Katsuki raised a brow, a bit annoyed. Kirishima laughed, his nervousness dissipating little by little.

"I dunno man, I haven't been sleeping well lately."

"Then get in the back of the line. Where all tired here, you can't cut the fucking line like this." Katsuki pushed him away as Kirishima only laughed, waving a dismissive hand.

"Ah, no, I'm on a coffee cleanse right now."

"Could never be me," Bakugou admitted as he step forward to order. Kirishima looked back at his friends to see them snickering, giving him a thumbs up. Mina clicked on something on her phone and started swinging it around like a flag—wait, her screen looked like a rainbow from here.

Kirishima blushed, glaring at them in a panic before turning away embarrassed. He was ready nervous as is, why did they insist on teasing him like this?

"Stop looking like that, shitty hair," Bakugou scoffed, crossing his arms. Kirishima glanced at his friends who were now talking normally with each other at their table.

"Sorry, I just have something on my mind."

"Oh?" Katsuki raised a brow, and his demeanor went from annoyed to curious. "I didn't know you had a brain to think with."

"I'm not that dumb, you ass," Kirishima snickered before an easy smile graced his face, "But anyway, I wanted to ask if you were up for dinner later?"

"Why?"

"Remember that movie series we started watching at my house?"

Bakugou tilted his head, a growing scowl on his face. "The one with the dystopian robot apocalypse?"

Kirishima nodded, "Yeah, a new movie in the series premiered yesterday in theaters. I thought we could go watch it together then grab a bite to eat afterwards?"

He made sure to phrase it in a way that would make Bakugou want to accept it. After butting their heads together yesterday, he an his friends came up with the idea to use the Pavlov method on Bakugou into liking him by taking him on dates, becoming more romantic as they went on. Kirishima thought it was stupid, but Mina reassured him it would work.

But after seeing Bakugou struggle to answer, he found it hard to believe this strategy would work. Besides, when he thought about it, he probably wouldn't be able to afford going on dates every week anyway.