I should've stayed in bed

Katsuki woke up with the sun in his eyes. His mind was fuzzy and he could barely see due to his throbbing headache. He groaned, rubbing his eyes with one hand.

     It took a minute to feel his body, and when the awareness of someone else's arms were holding him, someone else's legs being tangled in his own, feeling a calm, slow heartbeat on his back and feeling someone's breath on his neck; such a sensation flustered him. His pounding heart could be felt in his head.

     "Ow...fuck..." he groaned, curling up in a ball and ignoring the arms wrapped around his waist. Tears pooled in his eyes at the pain and his teeth gnashed together. He took his palms and pushed his eyes into his skull. He didn't mean to, but his movements woke Kirishima up.

     His eyes fluttered open in the best mood he could've possibly been in. Memories of last night flooded his thoughts and he smiled. However, he froze, his uncertainty diminished the happiness he felt in that moment.

     The feelings that swirled inside his stomach were dismissed as he heard Katsuki groan in pain.

     'He did drink a lot last night. It makes sense if he has a nasty hangover.'

     "Morning," he whispered, still sleepy. He noticed how Katsuki shivered and a frown painted his face as Katsuki groaned again.

     He sat up, fixing his shirt before walking over to his mini fridge. He rummaged through his drawers as quietly as he could and found some Advil that Katsuki could take for his headache.

     He gently knelt in front of the bed in front of Katsuki's face, providing enough shade for him to open his eyes.

     "Here, take these. It'll help with your headache," he said quietly, smiling at the other and holding up a bottle of water and two pills. Katsuki squeezed his eyes shut before begrudgingly pushing himself up.

     He didn't say thanks, but the fact that he accepted the offer without resistance indicated enough gratitude for Eijirou to pick up on. Kirishima took the chance to close the curtains. He turned around to see Katsuki curled up again, facing away from him.

     Kirishima chuckled lightly and tiptoed to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

     Katsuki opened his eyes again, his body cold with no one holding him this time. With a bit of disappointment, he sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. His headache had disappeared but he was still extremely tired.

     "Oh, good morning—ah well..." Katsuki turned towards Eijirou, who was in sweatpants and sitting at his desk with a pen in his hand. He seemed to be working on an assignment and Katsuki panicked for a minute.

     "Shit—" His voice was loud until he stopped himself, sitting back down with his legs crossed, and quietly said "Oh, finished it already."

     "Pfffft—" Kirishima brought a hand to his mouth as he lightly laughed. "You're so cute."

     "Cut the bullshit." Katsuki aggressively scratched the back of his head and looked down at himself. He was still wearing his clothes from yesterday—wait.

     "What time is it?" Katsuki asked, his sense of, well, everything, being out of wack.

     "It's almost 6pm."

      "Damn, I slept the whole day?"

     "More or less. You kinda needed it, you drank a lot." Eijirou stood up and stretched, reaching for his fridge a pulling out another bottle of water. He then held it out for Katsuki to take, in which he did. A strange expression appeared on his face when he did.

     "By the way, I didn't do anything weird, did I?" Katsuki asked. The question made Eijirou go rigid, a heavy blush invading his cheeks as he turned back to his desk.

     "You don't—ahem, you don't remember?" His voice was timid, but Katsuki ignored it and shook his head.

     "Hell, I don't even remember leaving," Katsuki grumbled annoyed. "Everything's so fuzzy, but at least I didn't kill anyone right?"

     Eijirou had a thought. A smug and arrogant thought that put a smirk on his face. The embarrassment of last night faded away.

     'Why not let him know what he did?'

     "Yeah, all you did was bite me."

     "What?" Kirishima didn't turn around, but he could tell by the tone of his voice that he was shocked. His smirk grew bigger.

     "Yeah, you told me that I was a fountain of fortune and then bit my neck. I have to say, I was flattered and surprised that the Bakugou Katsuki was sugar and spice and everything nice when he's absolutely wasted," he proclaimed in a pestering way then spun around and pulled the collar of his shirt down to expose the gruesome hickey on his collarbone.

     Katsuki blushed madly, stammering for words but was ultimately speechless. The enigma of the night was solved and forced down his throat. He sat there frozen and flustered on Eijirou's bed, and Eijirou had thought he'd gone too far and felt guilty for a moment.

     However, the way Katsuki's mouth opened and closed like a fish made Eijirou laugh. He couldn't excuse himself, he couldn't trick Eijirou into it being something it wasn't because he didn't remember, he had nothing to grasp onto except Kirishima's claims. Katsuki was too honest sometimes.

     "It—I—uhm, fuck, you're just messing with me cuz you can, aren't you? You little shit!" Katsuki got mad, and hid under the covers like a child hiding from a monster in his closet.

     "I'm telling the truth though!"

     "Shut the hell up! No you're not! I would never fucking do that!"

     "Not sober you, but drunk you is very flirtatious I must say—"

     Katsuki threw a pillow at Eijirou's face which made him fall over cackling. Katsuki was huffing with rage and frustration, in denial about the evidence of his actions.

     "Keep you stupid, shitty and stinky mouth shut, you fuckstick!" Katsuki berated. Eijirou propped himself up on his elbows on the floor with a smug grin on his face.

     "You didn't care about that last night."

     "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!"

     A knock on the door interrupted their banter and Kirishima ignored the question and answered it. It was a food delivery, Japanese food that Eijirou ordered for him and Katsuki.

     "Thank you!" Eijirou tipped the girl and she went about her way. Katsuki held his grumbling stomach as the smell of fried rice entered his nose.

     "I hate you."

     "Love you too man."

     The reply made Katsuki freeze, confusion written in his frown. Eijirou didn't know his feelings, he didn't know that Katsuki actually loved him more than a friend, yet he was saying that so casually? Katsuki didn't like that.

     'Just how many other fuckers did this guy tell these stupid words to?'

     These words almost sent Katsuki into orbit, just how many other people felt the same way when Kirishima said this to them? Katsuki hated it. Katsuki hated every bit of it. He was angry at Kirishima for saying something like that if he didn't mean it.

     "Shut up," he sneered, snatching the box of food out of Eijirou's hands. He didn't say anything more, and Kirishima thought it was weird, but nevertheless brushed it off as Katsuki still being embarrassed from earlier.

     They ate together on the floor, Kirishima putting on a show in the background to fill the silence. It was a documentary show, an educational show of what to do if you were ever in trouble with nature or something along the lines. Kirishima thought it was boring, but Katsuki was enamored with it so he didn't change it. He figured Katsuki didn't get to watch much TV.

    Kirishima swore to himself that he'd pretend like nothing happened.

Let's see how long that'll last.

________________________________________