" 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙒𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙍𝙤𝙩 "

_________________________________________

------------------------------

+

But if you do
Our mother will say 
"Don't run away, I'll keep you safe
Down by the bay"

+

------------------------------

_________________________________________

------------------------------

+

Just like that, gone.

It wasn't obvious until the villain's escaped how little time they spent fighting for their lives. It felt like a horrible dream all over again, never aware of how little you experienced in almost 10 hours of sleep. So little and yet so frightening, nothing was powerful enough to cease that little tid-bit of terror.

Maybe that was what privilaged children like them had to dream of in order to obtain their future prosperity. Their training camp made those dreams all the more surreal as there was nothing they could do to bring back the warp gate.

It twisted its purple energy in such a smug motion, even the way it evaporated in thin air gloated their treachorous victory. A garden of despairing trees gave little light that illuminated the whole camp's horror; children set to sleep because of poisionous gas, injuries sustained from villains, horror stricken within the minds of children. Their souls became transparent right before the villains' eye. If this was the stars entertained themselves couldn't they have given a whisper of mercy? A warning, at least, they were still vulnerable no matter where they travelled?

Midoriya, who'd forgotten all about his injuries, had charged forward like a stallion on the wild frontier, believing an ounce of his power might release itself and save his friend. Even Shoto, who'd failed the first time retrieving his friend and sister, made a swift comeback as he raced toward the opposite end of the vanishing portal. The violet magic vanished and both boys ended up ricocheting off of one another. Tumbling in opposite directions, their classmates shared horrified expressions, their eyes lingering where their friends had been. 

Midoriya seemed to bounce back first, reacting in such horror. His screams seemed to shatter the tension as he processed his failure. With a power such as his, given to him by the man he idoled all his life, to fail like a deku. Midoriya's body fell forward, the only thing keeping him from eating the dirt being his head. Any more screams he held barely escaped as he hyperventilated.