" 𝙇𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙂𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙊𝙣 "

_________________________________________

------------------------------

+

I want it, I'm on it, but babe,
at least, I'm honest
I get tired of explaining
As these seasons keep on changing

+

------------------------------

_________________________________________

------------------------------

+

There was a moment of peace before Hitomi woke up. She knew she was about to awake, so her body soaked up the internal peace that came with sleep. Like breathing fresh air, Hitomi could feel the force in her lungs, pressing down and rejuvinating her body. Her eyes struggled to blink open, light appearing in the corner of her eyes. Her brain commanded her arm to move, her hand blocking out the small ray of light. 

Her eyes managed to make out the picture of the ceiling, the sound of footsteps appearing at her side. A hand reached over her, placing a cold compress against her forehead. She turned her head slowly, seeing the small image of Recovery Girl, the kind woman giving a smile. Exhaustion couldn't even muster a smile upon Hitomi's lips.

" There there, darling, don't cry. Your Quirk did the right thing by stopping you. Otherwise, you could've been severly affected in the aftermath. It wasn't worth risking you over winning a silly exam." Recovery Girl comforted, her thumb tracing along Hitomi's cheek, wiping away the little tears that snaked their way out. Hitomi sniffed, blinking a few more times as the memory of the exam came back to her. She felt so stupid, her brain had recognized those feelings before she had a chance to. In every choice she made, she felt stupid.

Her hand traced the edge of her hair line, feeling the soft strands that were her normal head of hair. Her hand fell back down at her side; she was so stupid even her lava hair abandoned her body. She closed her eyes tightly, wishing there was a redo on the latest chapter of her life. I really can't win against him, ever. I'll won't be able to skate, I'll be stuck living through this stupid career with the guilt of never experiencing the ice again. 

She sat up slowly, propping herself up with her elbows before leaning her head against the headboard, watching Recovery Girl move around, picking up little things and organizing them. Hitomi rubbed her eyes harshly, inahling deeply. 

" You know," She croaked out, her voice sounding worse out loud. She cleared her throat, coughing internally. " That exam was supposed to determine whether or not I get to perform. I had a deal with Endeavor,"