68

tyler's point of view

my eyes are reluctant to open, but they do.

my head is pounding and i don't think i've ever had to pee more than i do right now. when i'm able to drag myself out of bed and down the hall, i see the door is shut. the bathroom light peeks out from under the door and i hear emily coughing. i hadn't noticed she wasn't in bed, but i guess that explains how i was able to get up with less trouble than usual.

i knock gently on the door before speaking, "you okay in there, em?"

"i think. maybe. i'll be out in a minute," she pauses for a moment and i wince at the sound that comes next. she clears her throat again and i hear her flush the toilet before muttering to herself, "jesus christ."

"do you need anything?" i ask.

"gatorade. it's got electrolytes and shit," sydney's voice comes from behind me and i turn to see her stretching her arms above her head. she gives a small wave when she's done, "good morning."

emily opens the door and steps out of the bathroom, her face pale. she gives us a sheepish smile, "sorry, guys. i'm sure i'll be fine with water."

"okay, yes, it's in the fridge. i love you but i have to pee so bad, please move," i side-step past her and finally take my turn in the bathroom, taking the time to brush my teeth while i'm there.

as i'm coming out of the bathroom, i hear a knock at my front door. i know it's josh immediately, but sydney beats me to it, opening it with a smile.

"heyyy, mr. dun," she shields her eyes, "fucking hell it's bright out," she notes, stepping back when i walk up behind her.

"hey, i, uh, figured you guys might wake up feeling like shit, so i brought you some stuff," he holds up his hand, which has a couple walmart bags of various things i can't see yet.

"hi. thank you, j. you didn't have to do that," i feel my entire body soften, my face resting in a small smile.

"i know, but i did. is it okay if i come in?" he asks, eyebrows raised.

"oh. yeah, sorry," i open the door wider and let him inside, closing it behind him.

emily doesn't sit up from where she's sprawled out on my couch, but she does cover her face with her hands.

"don't look at me," is her only greeting to josh, muffled by her palms.

josh just shakes his head, a smile of his own on his lips. i'd kiss him if we were alone.

"i brought some gatorade. also aspirin. and bagels. carbs are good for hangovers. i think i read that somewhere. i could also make eggs or something, tyler usually has those though," he explains, setting the bags down.

i stare at him for a moment, in slight awe of how perfect he is. i lean into him, my arms lazily wrapped around his waist.

"thank you, j. really."

"anytime, ty," he kisses the top of my head.

"em, what kind of gatorade do you want?" sydney asks, digging through the bags on the counter.

"is there an orange one?"

"yes, but you're absolutely disgusting."

"i just got several. i didn't know which color anyone wanted," josh shrugs, seeming almost shy in the presence of my friends.

"thank you, mr. dun," emily says, her voice quiet from the couch.

"you guys can call me josh outside of school. please do, actually."