55

tyler's point of view

"there's only one month until spring break," syndey says, swirling her straw around her coffee. "this year is going by really fast."

"only two and half months until graduation," i point.

"shit. we're like... gonna graduate high-school." sydney puts her cup down to look at me and emily. "i can't believe that."

"six months until we start college," emily adds.

"you mean until you abandon us?" sydney looks to her with raised brows.

"nooo."

"syd, we have to let her spread her wings! follow her dreams, broaden her horizons. all that good stuff." i pat emily's back in accompaniment with my words.

"we should do something big this summer," sydney proposes. "we should go on a trip! out of state or something!"

"where would we go?" i ask, already thinking of how many extra shifts i'd have to pick up to start saving.

"we could go to florida! that's not too far. disney and the beach? my cousin works at the park, so we could get a huge discount," sydney tells us, smile bright on her face. "she plays cinderella."

"if we're planning big trip for summer, we're doing a lowkey spring break, right? james invited me to go to his family's cabin or something for a few days, but i haven't said yes yet. we haven't been dating for very long that seems kind of... intimidating."

sydney's smile falls into disbelief. "bitch, what?! you have to go! i'm sure tyler will be working and spending time with mr. big dick anyway."

"please don't call him that!" i counter,
my eyes wide and my cheeks warm. "why would you say that?!"

"syd, that alone has convinced me to go."

"good. i won't be here anyway. i was thinking of visiting my sister out of town. her apartment complex has a pool and she sneaks me into clubs to drink and dance."

"well, you have fun with that," i tell her, still recovering from her previous comment.

"mhm. and for you, joseph, your assignment for the break is to keep exploring. even if you don't go all the way, i expect details on his finger work."

"oh my god." emily covers her face with her hands and then sighs in relief when the bell rings. "saved by the bell. i'll see you sexual deviants at lunch."

-

after lunch, which included a detailed discussion of various anal activities, i find myself sitting in josh's class as usual. i can't help but stare at his fingers after sydney's comment, my eyes glued to the way he talks with his hands as he tells us about the movie version of the book we read.

i don't know what all he said, but when he's finished, he turns the light off and presses play.

i try to pay attention as best as i can, but my mind keeps wandering. i feel my eyelids getting heavier in the dark room and rub my eyes in an attempt to wake myself up a little.

i feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and have a good idea of who it is before i even pull it out to check.

josh: falling asleep in class, joseph?

tyler: maybe a little

josh: are you okay, sweetheart?

tyler: yeah, just sleepy. i worked pretty late last night.

josh: do you work again tonight?

tyler: yeah :/

josh: i'm sorry love. when are you off again?