47

tyler's point of view

the night before we're meant to go back to school, i've got a scheduled facetime with sydney and emily.

i call as soon as i get home from work. i planned on keeping what happened just ours for awhile longer, but i have to tell someone, and i didn't feel comfortable telling jenna.

"reporting for best friend duty," emily answers first.

"hello, my favorite f-slur! hello, my princess emily!" sydney says. then, she gasps. "wait! i can tell already. just by looking at you."

"sydney, you can't just say-"

"don't change the subject, emily! tyler and mr. dun hooked up. you two did something, didn't you?"

"not really hooked up, he just... gave me a handjob," i mumble, already feeling my cheeks warm and my smile slip up onto my face.

emily's jaw drops and she stays silent.

"hoooly shit, dude! how was it?!" sydney asks, her phone up close to her face as she waits in anticipation.

"well, it was better than my hand."

"oh my god," emily says, finally closing her mouth.

"he's also, like, really strong? he picked me up and carried me from the couch to his room like it was nothing," i add,
remembering the moment very vividly.

"damn! good for you!" sydney smiles wide. "our sweet, little ty-guy finally blossoming into a man," she laughs.

"shut up! what happened to me being the dad friend?"

"oh, you definitely still are."

"and emily is still my mom! you guys are both in relationships and i'm just your slutty teenage daughter. but really, how long do you think until you'll go all the way?"

"i dunno. whenever it feels right, i guess. we'll just... work our way up to it."

"that's fair," emily agrees.

sydney nods but stays quiet, a look i've seen a million times on her face.

"oh god. what are you planning?"

"i need to teach you how to give a blow job."

"no, you really don't," i reply, groaning in embarrassment.

"yes huh! you need throat training. he's def got bde," sydney argues, excited smile on her face.

"i mean, from what i could feel through his pants... maybe. will not confirm or deny."

"tyler! i have to see this man tomorrow! he's going to be asking about our winter breaks and all i'm gonna be able to think about is that he spent his giving my best friend a handjob and how big his dick may or may not be," emily says, covering her eyes with the hand that isn't holding her phone.

"fine, fine. i won't teach you. but it's good to know your range. buy bananas. or popsicles. or just a dildo."

"i am not buying a dildo. i will go to the grocery store after school tomorrow. i think you're right, i should at least know what i can do so i'm not blindsided."

"i'm sure you'll do great! i'll see you guys tomorrow morning, okay?"

we hang up after that and i decide to call josh, just to say goodnight.

"hey, ty. everything okay?" his voice is warm and comforting over the phone.

"yeah, i just wanted to say goodnight. i guess i'll, um, see you tomorrow."