Chapter 1

Ilyssa's POV

I wake up to yelling, it's fine though I'm used to it. "Get your ass up and make my breakfast!" my "dad" yells at me from downstairs. I get up quickly cause anything more than that will end up in me getting the shit beaten out of me. I go down stares and kindly and softly ask my dad, "What would you like to eat today sir?". He gives a small groan, "just make french toast and eggs, don't screw it up". I go to make the food and start to clean while the toast cooks. I go to flip it but some of the butter burns me. I want to cry but I have to force myself to try not to, for some reason I always get really emotional at a lot of things and then my dad beats me. I fight off enough to just have a single tear flow down my cheek. I plate the food, and start setting the table for my dad. "You food is ready sir" I go and gently tell him. "I'll be there in a minute, clean the house in the meantime" he says back to me. This is my life, waking up, cooking, cleaning, and then going to sleep,and repeat. At least that's my life when my dad is home.

"I have a meeting two towns over for two days, when I get back I except the house spotless, food stocked completely but order the food here, I don't want you leaving the house without me" he says slightly angrily at me. "Remember I have friends around here and if any of them tell me you where out, you're fucked" he growls. "Yes sir" I reply with a smile. Out the door he walks and I count down from fifthteen. five, four, three, two, one! He's gone, finally I get to take this uncomfy uniform off. I change into some comfy clothes and go to make myself a jelly sandwich. I do some drawing while I eat. I draw an ocean with fluffy clouds and lots of fish. I also draw something that makes me stare at it for a solid minute, a wolf. Its a pretty wolf howling at the moon, her name is Ilyssa. She lives in a snowy forest, with her loving parents, with a dad like my dad before i turned nine. That's when he started all this. I used to be loved and cherished, when my mom died he was there for me. He took me to fun places, he used to walk me to school, I used to go to school. But when I turned nine he started beating me, he yelled at me, and then he-.

I hear a loud noise and my ears start to hurt. My ears are really sensitive and they only hurt more with the tape. I mean i could take it off, it's not like my dad's here. I take off the tape and my half of my ears fold and feel natural. I look in the mirror and I look like a puppy again, I giggle cause I look cute and silly. I hear more loud banging noises, but they don't hurt anymore! They still startle me and scare me but they don't hurt! I should check what those noises are though, I almost reach the door until it slams open and slams right into me sending me to hit the wall.

I cry in pain and it's this stranger I don't know. He pulls me up forcefully and quickly he puts one arm over my neck and with the other he pins a cold hard object against my head and yells at someone in a weird language. "Pendejo!" he yells at someone in a black car, no, behind it, and not someone its my dad! He peeks out and groans. "Let her go you fucking alien" my dad yells but i wish he didn't because that just caused the stranger to push the object harder against my head. "Careful with your words Gringo I have your little girl here, don't want her dead now do you?" the man yells at my dad but those words terrify me. I start to cry causing the guy to yell in my ears to shut up, that one hurts causing me to cry more. In return he hits the back of my head with that object and I start blacking out. My eyes open and i'm back at that place, the hospital.

My mom's their in the bed but this time i'm not five years old, im my eighteen year old self. "Hey princess" she smiles at me and pats the space next to her. I lay next to her. "How have you been?" her soft voice echos. I start to cry and hug her "I don knu I-" I pause, why does my voice sound like that? I'm not five anymore, whatever. "Nu wik seein mommy huwt" I cry into her. "I know princess, but hey mommys gonna get better soon" she smiles. "And when daddy takes you back to the house why don't you take this little thing with you?" she says pulling out a teddy bear, I squeal at the sight of it. "I had a block of my perfume be put inside of her so she smells like me" she chuckles. I smell her and mommy's right she smells like strawberries! "Ok puppet can you go get daddy for me?" she says and I smile and nod yes. I'm close to the door but it slams into me and someone runs in and grabs my mom out of her bed! I scream and cry, he has an arm around her and a black object against her head. The hospital machines ring and my mommy closes her eyes. I run to her and try to save her but it all fades to black and I hear a loud bang. My eyes open and i'm back in my house on the floor.

Wait that-, that was a dream. Wait where's the stranger?! I try and get up but my hand is places on something cold and watery. I look and scream! It's blood! It's the stranger! He's dead and in a pull of blood! What's going on!? I scream more but i feel someone pull my hair back and cover my mouth. It's my dad. "Shut up! You're gonna attract more!" he talks sternly in my ear. My dad had a black object with smoke coming out. Did my dad do this? No way- I. I dont know whats going on, but I'm scared.