Our last steppe

An reaork of "Our Dance" except like.. ANGSTY.

⛈ angst

Did you know a person can die of an broken heart?

Grian looked around, those voidless eyes scouting every corner of his mansion, looking for any sign of life to no avail

His chin lay on a tabletop, hands shielding his face and wings drooping concerningly low on the floor.

He looked outside his window, seeing Scar and Mumbo talk to each other.. oh what he would do to experience true happiness all over again..

...

He'd never thought he'd get to this point anymore, he was supposed to be happy! He HAD to be happy! The hermits had provided him a home and h-

SLAM

Grian furiously knocked a flower pot to the wall with his wings.

He should stop with the lies bombarding his mind.

Balling up his fists and crying to dear god as to why he would do this to him.

He quickly got up.

He locked every door and window possible, slowly descending into madness as he stepped to the ballroom with a force unknown, he sat on the floor and let out a scream that consisted all his pain from years ago.

One including his past lovers death.

Taurtis' death was not something he had gotten over easily, it had taken him such long time to forget his demise. So, so long.

But all it took was one record from False, and orchestra version of "The Second Waltz" to set him back upon the memories of his past lover.

Its as if time itself had frozen, as if he could feel his lovers' cold, lifeless breath on his neck.

As if.. Taurtis was .. angry..

He was becoming delusional, still seeing Taurtis' smile being bestowed upon him, seeing his lovers eyes glow like a newly found diamond, the deep blue raven hair he'd never be able to forget.

Grian didnt want to do anything anymore, he just wanted to sculk in memoirs of his past, statuettes waltzing through the ballroom and Taurtis grabbing his hand.

His other puzzle piece grabbing his hand.

The record, the second waltz was playing in the ballroom.

Grian didnt even know when he'd put it on, but there it was. Reminding him of the once happy times of his loved ones.

The rhythm was slowing down once again, giving a gloomy atmosphere as Grian sat in the floor, looking blankly at the tiles. His heart aching the worst hes ever ached.

His grief and mourn building all its way up to his eyes as endless tears began to flow, no energy to get up, no energy to scream, he flopped to the ground, now laying sideways as all he could see was his limp arms, now resting on the cold tiles of his mansion.

He shuddered, giving his life one last breath as he decided to leave everything behind.
There were no take backs, and perhaps? That would be right.

The record slowly coming to its end, the melody of the waltz still lingering around the room as Grian's lifeless body lay dead on the floor.

Perhaps now, he could be happy?