Hill of the poppies

Grians 16 in this 💪
————

Grian is a watcher. That's it, end of conversation, a well known at that too! People see him and mumble positive things. His Magic's a lot different than what the others have !

People say he's blessed,but he thinks he's cursed.

The pressure his family puts on him is almost unbearable,
Grian you have to succeed better at _____ , Grian why can't you be better at ______ , when will you learn that ______ won't be enough just for you?

He hears these words everyday around his family,everytime he sits down in the dinner table his parents have SOMETHING to say about how he's doing,so do the strangers,always telling him how his magic isn't just enough for the people.

That's why he likes to sit down in the hill of the poppies,it's in a higher ground and the poppies decorate it very well,under him is a city of thousands of watchers,living their life,with no pressures other than work and school..

Even with the watchers living under the hill,it is quite a secretive place,sure ! You can see it but some of it is covered by the rainforest-reminding trees, Grian likes them, he loves to climb on them and watch the moon set down and the sun to come up.

He sat down in his usual place,putting down his beige scarf and taking out his water bottle

He had gotten yelled at again today,he was getting tired of it. Everytime . Every. Singular. Time. He comes back home is "oh let me see what you practiced today" and when he does it's always"it's not enough", well today they just laughed and then yelled at him. He was getting so , so tired of all of this.

He's not a religious person or anything but he does ask the moon questions sometimes.

It feels as if he's only a pretty doll that needs more accessories to still stay on the same level as a normal watcher.

He hates it,he doesn't have any friends either,so the moon is his only friend

He believes in the moon, he's asked the moon questions and gotten answers ! ..somehow atleast ! The answers may not be clear but he feels it's response when the moondust starts dancing against his blonde hair and lightly brushing against his skin.

He hasn't even realized the moon setting down , as that is his cue to leave but he will be here , tomorrow on the very same hill of the poppy, asking a question.

Grian woke up in his bed,the sun rays illuminating against his skin and the warm sensation of spring knocking on the door made Grian smile,It felt as if there was nothing pressuring today,no stuff to do,no yelling to listen to

If only every morning would be like this,he could actually be excited to wake up rather than dread that part.

He wondered this part.. if he ran away,would he ever have to worry about pressure anymore ? His parents ? I mean..he's just 16, he is capable of taking care of himself and-

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"GRIAN. DONT SLACK AROUND,YOU KNOW THAT YOU STILL NEED TO BE BETTER AG THIS,FOR US! OR ELSE YOURE OUT."

There it was.

Grian had made his decision,he was leaving,he couldn't take it anymore,he wouldn't allow his parents to EVERYDAY care about him only for his magic,he hated it,he would hate himself soon if he didn't change this rhythm

So he packed his bags, and started fighting with his parents.
Many words were said that made Grian break inside but he did not care. As said by his parents "you are nothing but a accessory to us watchers,you'll never be enough,you'll just be a pretty doll that's being swung side to side and never being put to rest."

He could not care anymore. He could not.

So when night fell and he went up the poppy hills,he looked down one last time, he was sure of this. As he activated his magic and opened a portal to somewhere else, he knew that once he left,he'd be under the watchers' thumbs but he couldn't care anymore. No more. And nowhere near his life could he care about magic again.

And a few years later,who knew that he'd be more free than he had ever imagined,maybe so the moon was about to collapse on the server,but he couldn't blame it,he left the moon all alone on the poppy hills,with no one ranting about their parents, Grian chuckled,he was okay with this.
-
As the moon rose
And the time froze
The day turned black
And he knew,there was no going back.