Passing boats

Placed in the 1920's in a nonexistent war bc..uh.. idk about writing ACTUAL ww2 w Grian in it so 😨

"I promise,i will come back,you don't have to worry about me,please Scar!"

Was talking the blonde boy,reassuring his dear partner,Scar

"How do I know that you will come back? They barely have any post boys to send letters to ! Please.." Scar begged desperately "please just stay here,,"

Grian looked astounded,but calm.

"Scar,"

He started, tears daring to fall

"Every passing boat is a message from me,wether it was a cruise ship nor a military ship,it means good. No matter what ship it is, it is a sign from me."

They lived near a shore,the boats pass by once a month and their bedroom gets a full view of the fishing docks,clearly seeing what kind of ships swim by. Their life was perfect,of course until Grian had been called on duty by his country and had to leave swiftly,like a bird in a hurry.

It was almost as if he didn't have time to pack his bags,only tell his husband the situation,lump in his throat and trying his best not to cry.

Grian was terrified. He and Scar had left every one of their families behind just to run away together and have a life,that they both could be proud to remember at their last moments as life would slowly be draining out of them.

So when Scar heard about the boats passing by thing, it only comforted him a small bit,he wanted Grian there to be with him,stand next to him. As much as he knew how Grian loved boats, he knew they'd pass by every once in a month.

But the time came,and Grian kissed his last goodbye for now,onto Scars forehead as he leapt out to the stone ground, running to the airport.

Scar looked after him, hollowness following the household as soon as he left, Scar rolled to the table, thinking what to do now. He knew it wasn't a normal duty. It was war. He knew Britain and a certain country hadn't been on the best relations. He knew it was war and that there was still a slim chance that he'd come back.

It depressed Scar,but he trusted Grian,so every boat meant one letter to Scar.

So every month, Scar went for a stroll.

June. 12.6.1920. 9.27'o clock

Today I woke up to the horns of a ferry passing by.
the fishing dock was no longer filled with fishermen with their batch of fish,but rather people boarding the ferry,

And I wrote down

Letter number one

It was a boat,nonetheless. And it was a sign that Grian was doing alright,so I stuck with it.

July, 15.7.1920.  10.43'o clock

This time,I was gardening outside until I heard yet another ferry stop by the dock. Surprisingly no one was there, I could see the smoke from the chimneys from over my porch.

And so I wrote down

Letter number two

It felt as though Grian had sent that ferry just for me since no one was boarding it. I chuckled to myself.

August 14.8.1920

It was a fisherman ship now. I saw it from my bedroom! They had a massive batch of fish, the fishermen, Keralis and Ren being very content.

Letter number three

I wrote,knowing that Grian was doing well,as he was causing happiness to his neighborhood,he oh so loves.

-
And so the months went by,boats appearing and disappearing to the translucent fog that was cornering the sea from time to time.

Scar was so happy everytime he saw a boat pass by,not knowing that his lover had passed away a few months ago along with the boats.

Scar kept waiting for an actual letter from Grian,and so he got it. It was Grians last farewells and I love you's

December 12.12.1920

The boats have stopped appearing, I feel as if a whole part of me has died alongside with the feeling of hope seeing a new boat everyday, but they've stopped.

There are no more letters..

I miss you darling,you've never realized how happy you made me and now it's come to this.. I should've kept you in my arms.

Nothing was your fault, you were always meant to be a sailor,so sail the seven seas for your hearts content.

Rest well.

Scar wrote,lump in his throat, finally breaking down, shielding his face with his arms as he let out a scream that would fall on deaf ears.

Grian has sailed away alongside the ghost boats he'd seen for months. And he was not changing courses.

NOW FOR THE PPL THAT READ TO THIS PART.. do you want me to write a "happy ending" one for this.. cant decide 🧍‍♂️