Am I Ready

Continued

Christmas Eve
Tommy's POV

It's been almost two weeks since Derek proposed and I'm really nervous about it. I'm prepping myself for another wedding and that's something I never thought I'd have to do again. Charles and I were supposed to be forever and always so another wedding was never on my bucket list. With Owen it would have came as a surprise but not a shock because we had talked about it beforehand and we also had been together far longer than Derek and I before the question even came up.

So, when Derek had asked it was a shock that I haven't felt since Charles had proposed all those years ago. We haven't even been together for a year yet but the love that he has shown me in these past few months gave me hope. Even though he did accuse me of cheating on him with my ex we moved past it.

Speaking of Owen I think that we need to set up some boundaries. Us talking about our relationship, me visiting his house checking in on him. It just all needs to slow down. I am now in a relationship with a wonderful man I need to notice that. I do still love Owen but being in love with him is off the table. So, I'm stepping back.

But, on another note tomorrow is Derek and I's first Christmas together and it seems like he's excited but these past few days it's felt as if was hiding something from me.

______________________
Tuesday, December 24th, 2024
Vega Residence
9:34am

When she walked down the stairs into the kitchen she had seen that Derek and the girls were making breakfast together.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning you and good morning to you girls too." "Good morning, mom."

"What are you three up to?" She asked. "Making Christmas Eve breakfast." Evie replied. "Would you guys like some help?" "Yes, we can make this a family like thing." Derek finished.

8 minutes later

Izzy and Evie were cracking eggs and Tommy was cutting bell peppers. Derek had finished whatever he was doing so he went to help Tommy. Walking up behind her wrapping one of his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. Swaying to the music they had lowly playing. They stayed like that a second until he had whispered in her ear. "You know that I adore you right?"

"I don't know, do you?" She asked finishing up cutting the peppers. "I do and in just eight months we'll both be standing at the alter saying our vows and I'll adore you then just as I am now." He says as he leaves the softest of kisses from the base of her neck to her jaw line. While he was continuing to kiss her she started to talk.

"I love you Derek Smith." Taking his face out the crook of her neck he replies, "I love you more Tommy Vega." Giving her one more kiss on her neck he used his free hand to turn her face to the side and placed a deep kiss on her lips. Then when she tried to pull away he held her face steady pulling her back in. Giving her a few more pecks they finished what they were originally supposed to be doing.

When everything was done and cooked they sat down at the table and ate their breakfast together.
____________________
Later that day
9:00

Since Tommy has to go into work on Christmas day they had decided to celebrate on Christmas eve. So, throughout the day they cooked, decorated gingerbread houses, and watched movies. Now they're getting into their matching pajamas to open their gifts.

As they sat in the living room Tommy and Derek were cuddled up on the couch while the girls were tearing open their gifts. The couple had said that neither of them wanted anything for Christmas but they didn't listen and got each other something anyway. They had exchanged gifts earlier today.

*see media for reference*

_____________________

When everything was said and done everyone got ready for bed. Tommy was tying her hair up in the mirror but Derek could see her from the room. She was still tying up her hair when she said something. "Derek I have to ask you something and I need you to be 100 - precent truthful." She says as she walks out the bathroom leaning on the door jamb.

"Have I never not been honest with you?" He sating sitting up in the bed. "Well I've noticed that you've haven't been yourself lately." "What are you talking about?"

"I'm a paramedic I am trained to find out what a patient is in need of when they don't want to say it. And you're not my patient we've known each other for about a year but most importantly we're engaged. So, if there's something wrong with my fiancée do you really think I won't notice?" She said as she walked over to the side of the bed he was sitting at.

"Tommy I promise you that there is nothing going on health wise, relationship wise, or anything wise. I'm ok there's no need to worry."

"Are you sure?" She asks looking him in the eyes. "I'm positive. Now lets go to bed, it's getting late and you have a shift tomorrow." Pulling her under the blankets with him, they both got comfortable and he held onto her like he was going to lose her.
______________________

Throughout the night it seemed that neither one of them got much sleep. Derek said that she had nothing to worry about and she's trying so hard to believe it but it's not easy.
______________________
Christmas Day

When Tommy was trying to get up to get ready for work she couldn't because of how tight Derek was holding on to her. Saying his name a few times he opened his eyes looking at the clock and let her go.

As she took a shower she couldn't stop thinking about last night. Tommy understood that she could possibly be misinterpreting things but she doesn't know.

Walking back into her room putting her ring on it's chain and putting around her neck. When she looked over at Derek he was still sleep. But, she couldn't just leave without saying anything so, she walked over to his side of the bed and placed a kiss onto his lips. It came as a shock when he grabbed her and pulled her on top of him.

"So you weren't sleep?" "No I wasn't." "I should've know something was up when I didn't hear you snoring."

After their laughter subsided she laid her hands on his chest and rested her chin on them. "I wish we both could've had the day off today." Derek says. "I wish I could call out and spend this whole day cuddled in this bed with you but duty calls."

Getting off of him she stands back up and he follows suit. He took her in his embrace resting his chin on her head. "Be careful today beautiful."

"I will my love." Getting out of his embrace grabbing ahold of his face giving him a deep kiss on his lips. But, once again when she tried to break it he held onto her face making the kiss deeper. It was a regular kiss until his tongue slipped into her mouth. He then switched one of his hands to her waist and kept the other on the back of her head.

He started to slowly trail hand to the button of her jeans but stopped and redirected his hand to guide up her back to where the hook of her bra rested. But, before he could unhook it she pulled away. "Derek I have to get to work."

"But, it's only 6:05 you don't have to be there until 8 and we live down the street."

"Don't worry I'll be right back here in 24 hours and we can try this again." Giving him a few more pecks she walks out the bedroom door.  But, less than 30 seconds later she walks back in the room and throws her stuff by the door and closes it.

TBC