They Know

Continued

Friday, May 13th, 2022
Pile up
16:45

"They know what exactly?" "They know about us." "And how would they know that?" "It started with Judd then it was Mateo." "Oh, God." "We'll finish this conversation at the station." "Alright."

Walking from behind the ambulance seeing the rescue and fire team staring at him holding back their laughter. He guessed the news had traveled to the EMS team faster than they had said. "Hey, cap! What were you and Captain Vega doing behind there?" "Paul get in the truck. You guys too." Splitting off into their separate trucks their group chat was going crazy.
___________________
126 and Carlos's group chat

Nancy- I can't believe this
Carlos- Can't believe what
Mateo- Captain Strand and Captain Vega
Carlos- What about them
Marjan- They went on a date last night
Paul- and Mateo said they were going at it for 3 hours
Carlos- I didn't need to hear that last part
Paul- If I heard you have to as well
Carlos- Well when I get off I'm coming to the firehouse to see how this plays out

__________________
Friday, May 13th, 2022
The Station
17:00

Okay, I'm going to start lunch and you guys can do whatever it is you do." "Okay, Chef Paul."
Seeing both of the captains walking upstairs without so much as a word to any of them, they were suspicious.

Closing the door behind them, they walk to sit on Owen's couch. "Okay, I'm going to hit you with the headline." "Go ahead." "Okay, Tommy, I want you." "Want me how?" "In all of the ways. I want you to be my girlfriend." "If we do this, what are we going to say to the nosy 8." "Well, they already know about last night." "How do they know that?" "Judd and Mateo." "Of course." "Well, what do you say?" "I would love to be your girlfriend Owen." "Pulling her in for a kiss that felt like it lasted forever they pulled away and sat in there talking for a little.

Hearing footsteps running down the stairs the 126 and Carlos turned to look where the noise was coming from. "What is wrong with you Mateo?" "I just saw Cap and Captain Vega kissing." "Are you sure it wasn't a very close hug?" "Marjan I saw it with my own two eyes." Hearing two sets of footsteps coming down the stairs the kitchen quickly got quiet.

"What's going on in here?" "Oh, nothing. What were you guys talking about?" Turning to Tommy he asks, "Should we tell them?" "They probably already know but it doesn't hurt to be sure." Grabbing her hand they announced that they were now officially together. Hearing T.K. tell Carlos I told you the fire captain stopped. "How did you know T.K?" "Well on the last few calls we've run, Dad, you've been complimenting us when they're mostly towards Captain Vega. And just the overall aspect of me catching you smiling in her direction or looking at her when you think no one is watching." "Huh."

After the group had separated within the kitchen Tommy went back into her office to finish up some paperwork before her shift ended. Sensing someone looking at her she looks up from the paper she had been writing on. "Yes?" "I can't check in on my girlfriend?" "I was just downstairs like 10 minutes ago." "So?" "What did you need, Owen." "I need you to say yes." "To what exactly?" "Let's start last night over, being as sober as we can be." "Okay, was that it?" "No, I was also coming in here to help you with your reports." "Are you asking me or telling me?" "A little bit of both." "Well then ok, but no funny business sir." "I keep no promises."

Walking around her desk he grabs her hands and pulls her up. "What are you doing?" "You'll see."
Sitting down on her chair bringing her to sit in between his legs. "I thought I said no funny business." "I'm not doing anything." "Mm-hmm." Bringing his arm around her waist putting his chin on her shoulder. "So what are we working on first?" "I'll work on this heart attack call and you do the car accident." "Sounds like a plan."

After about an hour or two of talking and filling reports, their shifts were over for the next 24 hours.
_______________
Friday, May 13th, 2022
TBC
19:45