Chapter 6: Finally

It was Thanksgiving now and we were all getting ready for the feast. We haven't really celebrated Thanksgiving for a while but, since Mama Carol came here, we wanted to make her feel as at home as possible so technically this is our second year of celebrating Thanksgiving. I was wearing an orange top and dress pants, which was definitely out of the ordinary for me. I liked it when I got to wear something different other than my green dresses.
Mama Carol and I were helping out in the kitchen. Mama Carol was working on an apple pie and I was mashing the mashed potatoes.
"Do you think Bernard and Scott are done with helping set the table?" Mama Carol asked as she took the pie out of the oven.
"They should be. Do you want me to go check?" I asked as I added some more butter to the mashed potatoes.
"No, it's alright. Keep mashing, I'll go check," Mama Carol said before she left the kitchen.
"Stella! Stella! Look what I made!" Annie said as she approached me. I looked down at her and she had made Thanksgiving themed cut-out cookies.
"Wow, those look great, Annie!" I said as I gave her a smile.
"Do you wanna try one?" she asked as she handed me a pumpkin cookie.
"I'd love to,' I said as I took the cookie and booped her nose. She giggled as I took a bite.
"Wow, these are amazing. As always," I said after I swallowed my first bite. "Good job, sweet pea."
"Thank you!" Annie said before she wandered off.
"Stella, could you try this sparkling cider for me?" Abby asked as she approached me with a glass. "I don't think I did this right."
"Of course," I said with a nod. I took the glass and took a sip. I smacked my lips together to try and get more of the taste.
"Add a little more carbonation and a little more apple juice and you should be golden," I said as I handed the glass back to her.
"Okay, you got it," Abby said as she took the glass out of my hand. She walked away and I continued mashing the potatoes.
I finished mashing the batch I was making and started to cut more potatoes for the next batch.
I was in the middle of chopping when all of a sudden someone grabbed me and spun me around. I squealed as the person spun me.
"Put me down! I got a knife!" I squealed. The person put me down and I looked to see Bernard. I scoffed.
"You could've gotten me or you cut," I said as I pointed the knife at him in warning.
"Sorry, I just love doing that," Bernard said with a chuckle. "The potatoes look great," he told me.
"Thanks. I just have two more batches to go and we'll have enough for everybody," I said with a chuckle as I continued to chop the potatoes. I used my magic to quicken my speed. I chopped the potatoes and put them in a pot to boil before I start mashing.
"Wow, you really know what you're doing," Bernard said.
"Well, yeah. I used to help out with Thanksgiving dinner a lot before I moved here. Cooking the mashed potatoes was always my favorite thing to do, so I decided to cut the elves some slack and do it myself," I explained.
"Well, they were really good last year, so I'm sure they'll be just or even more this year," Bernard told me. I looked over at him and smiled. He put his arms around me from behind and rocked us from side to side.
"Get out of here, I need to stir my potatoes," I said as I pushed him off. I grabbed my wooden spoon and started to stir the potatoes. I looked over at Bernard who had a mischievous grin playing on his lips. I smirked and rolled my eyes and continued working.

Once I was done cooking all three batches of mashed potatoes, I put them in a large bowl and grabbed a large metal spoon. I took the spoon out of the kitchen and into the dining room where a very large and long table was laid out as far as the eye could see. I placed the mashed down the middle of the table where the food was placed on a train. The mechanic elves built it to make serving easier.
"Okay, is everything cooked and ready?" Dad asked. I nodded.
"Yup. Everything's ready," I replied.
"Awesome. Soup's on everybody!" Dad called.
All the elves scurried to their seats. I sat between Bernard and Dad.
"Gee, Stella. The mashed potatoes look great this year," Curtis said as he took a seat next to Bernard on the opposite side.
"Thanks, Curtis," I said with a smile. Dad then stood up and clinked his spoon against his glass. Everyone quieted down and looked at my Dad.
"Alright, everyone. Before we move on to our busiest time of year, I'd like to make a toast," Dad said. We all raised our glasses and looked at my Dad. "I just wanna say that I am very grateful for all of you. Especially my wife who helped us save Christmas," Dad said as he raised his glass to Mama Carol, who smiled and raised her glass to Dad. "And my daughter, Stella. Who has stood by my side since day one."
I smiled and raised my glass to him.
"And to all of you, who without I would never have been the Santa Claus that I am today," Dad said.
"Cheers," all the elves said as they raised their glasses once more to my dad.
The feast then began. I grabbed some ham, corn, a roll, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and cranberry sauce as the train came by.