Thirty Three- The DNA

Seven months later:

Dave's point of view:

"This is the DNA test, Mr. Martins" I ripped the envelope and took the letter out.  Negative.  Thank God I knew I was not the father from the start but I accepted her anyway.  I guess she has some motivation behind all this.

She just came to ruin my relationship with Angelina.  Foolish woman.

I took my phone out of my trousers and dialed my new housekeeper's number.

"Hey, Muhammad" he picked St the first ring.

"Hello Mr. martins"

"Can you please help me pack Molly's things and tell the driver to take it to her house. Don't leave behind a single needle or else you are fired" I cut the phone without hearing his response.

I turned to the doctor.

"Thank you doctor, I really appreciate it.  When she asks for me, please give her this" I passed the DNA result to him''. "Have a nice day." I left his office after that.  I left the hospital in my car.  I drove out the hospital and continued my search for Angelina.  I have been looking for Angelina since these past months but she is nowhere to be found.  I got her address from Jim. I went to her house, but she refused to disclose her whereabouts. Later when I started going there frequently, her mom told me she was nowhere to be found. I know it is a lie. They know where Angelina is but they won't just say.

Here I am again at Angelina's house.  I never get tired of coming to this house. I looked over the house. They were the ones that bought this mini house from me and saved it from getting demolished.

I knocked on the door, after a few knocks, her mom opened it up for me. She is annoyed to see me again.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Moore, I know you are not happy to see me but can I please come in? I promise this is going to be my last visit to this house. Please just give me that chance.

"I don't know Dave" she said

"Please, I won't disappoint you. Just this last time" I pleaded with her.

"Fine come in"

I went inside and went directly to Angelina's room, don’t be surprised about how I know how to get a room.  I come to her frequently to search for her.

I turned the knob to open it but it is locked, which means my Angelina is around. Angelina is inside the house thank Goodness. I knocked on the door more than once but there was no response.  Maybe there is no one inside.

"Angelina? Are you inside?  Please if you are inside, please open the door I need to see you. I miss seeing your face.  It has been so long since I have seen you. I miss you Angelina. I couldn't do anything without your presence. I miss you.  Let me tell you, see you have changed my ways. I don't go to clubs any longer, I don't womanize any longer. I have changed. Okay if you don't like that, I will tell you it's okay.  The house is empty without you.  We can go to the house and be like how we were before Molly came.  We are cool that way." something fell from the inside, that means my Angelina is there.  Someone is inside.  I heard sobs from inside.  That's exactly how Angelina sounds when she is crying.

"I know you are inside. I really wish you can find a place in your heart to forgive me. I made a mistake, I broke your trust, I cheated you. I am sorry. I know my apology means nothing to you but every human being deserves a second chance.  Please forgive me Angelina.  That reminds me, my father told me about the deal he made with the investors. He told me he wants to see grandchildren or children before he dies and that was the reason he did that.  But I can't even fulfill his wish. You know if you follow me now, his wish will be granted, seeing little Angelina and Dave running around.  Hmm what can I tell you again, yes. The baby Molly has been carrying is not mine, well I know the baby is not mine from the beginning, I just took her in because you said I should. " I sat down on the floor and leaned against the door for a few minutes before I got up.

"you showed me what love is Angelina, you taught me how to love and to let me know how it feels to be loved and how it feels to love. Now I want to tell you that I love you Angelina. I love you with my entire heart and soul, I love you to the moon and back. You have stolen my heart. You are the only air I am using to breathe right now. You are the key to my heart. I love you Angelina, you really do and I promise I am not lying to you. Goodbye Angelina" I stood up and composed myself before I went out of the house to my house.  I don't have the energy to go to the office today. 

Molly's point of view:

"Where is Dave doctor?" I asked the doctor immediately and he entered the room. 

"He left but he said I should give you this" I collected the paper from him and checked it. It is the report of the DNA test. He now knows that he is not the father of the child.  Who cares about him being the father or not. I have gotten h what I want from him and that is my main goal.  He shouldn't have left me then, because if he didn't leave me then I wouldn't have ganged up on Harris to him.

I know the father of the baby.  And the family of my baby is Harris.  Yes, Harris. 

Just in time Harris came into my ward. 

"Hey baby, congratulations" he kissed my forehead

"Thank you, he has found out that he is not the father of the baby and he has left" I told Harris.  Harris is not the man of my choice, Dave is. But what can I do?  Dave disgraced me in front of his friends and I can never forget that because I am going to take revenge. I will make sure he is humiliated 

"But you have gotten the files right?" Harris asked. Harris disgusts me but his money doesn't.

"Yes, they are in the bag I brought here. I know he would find out about the baby. And you know him, he will throw my things out, and if he sees the files in my luggage, our entire plan would be ruined" I said. 

I know Dave more than any other freaking person. 

"Dave got ready for the battle," Harris said.

"Yes," I laughed. 

……………..