Chapter Seventeen- An arm caught me!

Angelina's point of view:

I sat on the kitchen stool resting on the kitchen island trying to operate my phone, I am not an illiterate but the problem is that I haven't operated a phone before, I don't even like touching my parents' because to me it is like invading someone's privacy and my parents even told me never to touch someone's thing except I was given the permission.

Back to my phone, I now know how to unlock it, call, send messages after so many difficulties. Not only those ones though, I know how to operate some apps there, I...

"Hmm" The voice came in after a knock which interrupted my special moment with my phone.

I turned to the voice's direction and unsurprisingly, it was the Doctor. I stood up from the chair and approached him smiling. I checked him out again as I finally stood in front of him. What the fuck is wrong with me? I won't lie, guy is handsome and hot but not as Dave but there is something he has that Dave lacks and that is his charming face and good expression. 

"Hey, Is Mr martins okay now?" I asked him to prevent any kind of embarrassment, I can feel my face heat up from blushing. Please don't blame me, his stare can make you get your knees weak like how it is affecting me now.

"Yes he is okay now.  I would like to warn you because if I tell him he won't listen,  let him complete his drugs and also tell him to avoid stress so that the wounds to heal quickly. The wounds are really serious but you took care on time, thank you or else there will be scars and that won't fit the playboy though there will be light of them. And also be patient with him" he smirked after his speech and that made me feel butterflies in my belly.

"Noted" I said "Do have a good day, and thank you for coming" I said to him and turned around, oh lord! please let him play his shot

"Would you like to give me your number? You know we can talk and also for you to call when an emergency like this happens."

Oh! Yes. He did what I wanted him to do.

I turned back and stretched my phone forward for him to take and put his number there

"I don't know my number off hand, take my phone and call your number there, with that you will have my number" I said smiling, why am I smiling like a teenager who is in front of her crush?  Maybe I am in front of my crush? Am I crushing on him? Is that it?  Oh no. I think I have a crush on Mr Jim, my boss' doctor. Oh no!

He gave me my phone back immediately when he was done with it.

"I will call you at night, good bye" he said and went out of the kitchen.  After some inches he stopped and turned to me.

"Sorry I forgot to tell you Dave told me to tell his beautiful girlfriend that he wants a coffee" my smile dropped.  It is like he read my face so he apologized.

"I am sorry I just wanted to joke, he said he wants a coffee upstairs" I nodded and went inside the kitchen to make the man's coffee. The man sure always knows how to bring the sad part out of me.  After when the coffee is ready, I went upstairs to give him his coffee and hear his wrath.

*Knock knock*

 I opened the door after knocking and went inside his room, I placed the coffee on the table in front of his couch at the window side.

Just as the door of the bathroom opened and he stepped out of the bathroom. He just took a shower, and that was obvious. A towel is wrapped around his waist and he is using a smaller towel to dry off the water in his hair while his remaining body is naked. As soon as he noticed my presence he frowned.  

"Where is my coffee?" He asked sternly. Be calming down Bro.

"Here it is sir" I replied him like a normal person should reply unlike him.

"Do you still need this job or not?" he asked  and that made me wonder.

LWhy is he asking that stupid question? Of course I do. What have I done wrong now?

"Yes sir, I still need this job" I answered him sincerely

"Then why were you flirting with my doctor during your working hours after making myself clear the other day." he yelled.  Does this matter call for yelling?

"I wasn't flirting with him, sir" I told him, what I said was partially a lie but the rest is true.

"Are you telling me I am blind not to see what you were doing with him, or Am I dumb person not to understand the situation?" he glared at me. He dislikes me, he truly does.

"No, sir. That is not that I mean, sir" he was only trying g to tell me about the things I have to do for the wounds to heal" I said.

"To the extent of exchanging numbers?" he said sarcastically

I am unable to talk but why is he offended by it?

"If you want to Fuck him, go out of my house and if you notice you are pregnant don't ever try to come back here and same thing is applicable to Chris, just make sure you know the father one thing I can tell you is Chris likes flesh to flesh" he said and sat on the couch and picked his coffee and starts drinking. I glared at him as tears fell from my face. I was about to leave when he said: 

"Stay,  I don't have the energy to call you to pick up the cup when I am done" Without looking at me and continued sipping his coffee.

I cleaned my face and gathered my courage.

"Why do you hate me so much, Mr martins?" I asked him.

"Hate you? Do you look like my competition, there is no hate in the dictionary of employer and a mere employee" he said without looking at me

"Then why are you always aggressive and angry when I talk to others? I hope you know I am a human like you, I also have feelings" I said as I rested on the wall.

He looked at me for a while before turning his view back to what he was staring at before the cup probably.

"My friends are not who you seems they are, all we so is to Fuck and dump. If they take advantage of you,  you will hate yourself till eternity" he said and drank all the remaining coffee in a rush. I stared at him. Is he trying to protect me from his friends? That's unbelievable.

"Clean the table and take the cup away."

"Yes sir," I smiled.

First time,

First time in history.

I mean the first time that he acts nicely to me.

I cleaned the table with tissue paper placed on the table and packed the tray away from the table to take to the kitchen. As I went out of his room,  he also followed me, maybe to come to the dining table or to his study room.  I was so conscious of him being at my back that I lost concentration on my walking. I missed a step on the stairs which resulted in Spraining my ankle. The coffee cup and the trap fell and I lost balance. I almost fell but an arm caught me just in time.

...........