Chapter Nineteen- A piece of advise (is enough for the wise)

Angelina’s point of view:

Jim and I actually went on a date on Saturday’s evening, it was an interesting date. That was my first date and it was so interesting that I wish to go on another date. Jim is a good man and also a gentleman. He didn’t even make me feel isolated from the high class people dressed in expensive attire.

Our date was filled with laughter, chat and funny comments. But it didn’t end well for me but I don’t know for him. He drove me from the restaurant to my house. The ride was pretty silent, the only thing we did was holding hands till I got home.

He parked outside our house, as soon as attempted to get down from his car, I turned to him and said:

“Thank you for today, Jim, you really made my day a wonderful day” I smiled at him. I almost opened the door but I was stopped by his words

“Angelina, this is not a way of ending a date” he said as he smiled. His statement confused me. I drew my brows in question.

“How is it supposed to end?” I asked innocently.

He looked down at my lips, stared at it for a moment before he moved closer to me while still staring at my lips before I could think of what he wanted to do, his lips are only a few inches away from mine.

I don’t want this; I am not ready for this. I told myself. I instantly turned my head away from him to the window side to prevent being in a situation I don’t want to be in.

“It’s okay, you can face me” he said as I focus on the view outside the car.

I turned to him slowly in reluctance, I could see disappointment written on his face but it was covered with his charming smile. I feel bad for rejecting his kiss but I don’t know why, I don’t just feel like doing it. Maybe he is not the person I want my first kiss to be.

“I am sorry but I can’t” I said to him, as I faced him, tears filled my face, I tried my best not to make it fall. I looked down to my hands for him not to see the situation I am in.

“It’s okay angel, do have a good night.” he said.

“You too, bye” I got down from him in a jiff without even looking back.

I unlocked the front door and silently went straight to my room. I went to the bathroom first to have a good shower. I jumped on my bed to sleep when my phone buzzed, I picked up from my reading table to check the notification or message. It is a message from Jim. I opened the text to read what it contains.

‘Sleep tight, my angel. I am sorry for what happened today, I mad him uncomfortable,’ the message says.

I replied with ‘you too, I should be apologizing anyway, anyway good night and thanks for today. I really enjoyed it.’ I replied him.

“Good night, sleep tight” another text from him says.

I placed my phone beside me, thinking how my day went I slept off with that thought lingering in my head and mind.
….

The chirping of the birds woke me up, I sat up from my bed, I walked to my mini wardrobe and brought out the dress I will wear today, I took them with me and went to the bathroom to take my bath. Not quite long, I dried myself off with the towel and wore my dress but not before I brushed my teeth.

I went out of my room to where the delicious and enticing aroma is coming from, The kitchen. I already know it's my favorite dish by the scent of that aroma. I walked inside the kitchen and spotted my mom cooking. If course she will be the one cooking, I walked towards her and back hugged her.

“Good morning mummy, how was your night?” I asked her with a beautiful smile on my face.

“It was fine and yours?” she replied.

“Good, you know how to brighten my day with your cooking.  Anyway, You know what, make my portion be this” I demonstrated it with my hand by putting my hand far away from each other that there is much space in between. “And let abbey’s own be this small” I told her. I need my favorite dish before I go to work tomorrow. Who knows if I still get to eat my favorite till next weekend.

“Mom, don’t answer her, don’t be a bad elder sister,” Abbey yelled from behind.  That made me chuckle.

“Shut the fuck up, she will serve it equally” I said sarcastically while I winked at my mom.

Abbey said on the tool in the kitchen while I sat beside him.

“Whatever, anyway how was your date?” he asked, his question changed my mood reminding me of how I rejected his kiss yesterday

“it was fine, or should I say it was peachy?” I said.

“You will give me the full gist but before that, let me go and brush my teeth.” he said as he jumped off the tool out of the kitchen.

“No wonder I have been smelling something stinky ” I mocked him

“You look sad, baby.” Mom said as she stares at me like she is trying to read my mind.

“It's nothing but just that I am confused mom, I don’t know. Yesterday I went on a date with him but I don’t feel any connection or whatsoever with him in fact. I rejected his kiss. Mom, I like Jim but I don’t know what is wrong with me.” I said confusingly as I explained to her.

“I understand your pain baby. It has also happened to me when I was your age. There was a guy I liked so much, he is the son of my mom’s friend. I always thought of spending my time with him but it didn’t happen, it was just my imagination. I knew he wasn’t for me when your father came into my life. All the chemistry that I didn’t feel with the guy, I felt it with your father.

The connection, the sparks. There were obstacles in our relationship but throughout our fight with the obstacles I followed my heart, And now I am where I want to be. With my family. The only advice I can give to you is to follow your heart and everything will be settled” she advised me.

I should follow my heart, I think that's great.

“Thank you, mommy, love you”

“I love you too baby” she smiled.

I am heeding to her piece of advice. I think I can handle the situation with that piece of advise but my work comes first.

Tomorrow is Monday and I mustn't joke with that.

.......

…..