The Sheet of Paper (16)

FATE BROUGHT US TOGETHER 

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Stupid memories. Stupid emotions. Stupid relationships.

I finally had the courage to move on from Josh to Niall, and now everything comes back. Everyone always says that the chase is the only fun part in a relationship. What if that's right? What if Niall doesn't find any fun in our relationship? I'm already doubting myself even though we have gone out for a matter of hours.

No. No, Kayla, you have to forget the past. Forget the past, remember the present. Niall.

Oh shit! Niall! I must've been in the bathroom for nearly 20 minutes now. I locked myself in a stall crying my eyes out.

Niall POV

"Kayla, love, come on out!" Eleanor was knocking softly at the stall that the source of the sobbing came from "Honey, Niall's here, do you want to talk to him?" She gestured me to get to where she was. El and Dani got up from the floor and got out of the restroom. Dani gave me a pat of encouragement on my back.

The cries that came out from the toilet stall literally tore my heart apart. To see her in pain, in sadness, she was in pain, emotional pain. "Babe, come out from there. It's just me" Slowly by slowly, the volume of her sobbing calmed down to just sniffles. She unlocked the door and came walking out with her head down.

I held her head in the palms of my hands, tilting it towards me. Her bloodshot eyes made contact with mine. A teardrop rolled down my cheek and I sniffled.

"No Niall, please don't cry. You're going to make me feel really bad," Kayla began to say "If you stop, I'll promise to stop. Please, just don't cry." And with that being said, she wiped off the lingering tear off my face. Her fingers sent a tingly feeling at the contact with my skin.

"Princess," I said "I know what you're thinking about, why you're crying, I know"

"What is it then?"

"Lucky guess? Josh?"

"How'd you know?"

"I know because I was watching you. Your every move, every step. May he rest in peace, it Josh, your ex boyfriend is the past," her face stiffened "I know it'll be hard, but you'll just have to slowly by slowly forget about him."

"But it's just so hard! I've been trying to isolate myself from everyone else ever since Josh passed away and it's just so damn hard."

I shook my head, "I know it's fucking hard, but I'll help you through it! I'll always be here for you; I won't ever let you leave me like you did six years ago. Never again"

"We've been going out for only a couple of hours, how are you so sure that you know you want me?"

That question hit me.

But I had an answer, "Because you're special. You're not like any other girl out there. The first time I saw you, I knew that you were different, good different. I knew that the moment our gaze met, you meant the world to me"

"Why-" her cheeks turned to a deep shade of rosy pink. Heat admitted from under my fingers.

"Why? I don't know, Kayla, your my weakness. Ever since you came to Britain last month, I felt as if my entire world change, because of you," I grasped her hands tightly, not wanting to let her go.

"Positively or negatively?"

"What do you think? Clearly positive right?" I took in a deep breath "Kayla, every time I look into your eyes, it seems like there's a whole new universe in there. Something hidden, yet mysterious. I like it. I really like you, Kayla" This may seem quite cheesy, but boy was that nerve wrecking to say.