Welcome to America (21)

FATE BROUGHT US TOGETHER 

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

It's been nearly 3 days since the Christmas dinner now and it's the last day in Ireland until America!! I absolutely couldn't wait.

"Babe! We have to leave in an hour! Are you all packed?" Niall said, bringing a luggage down the stairwell.

"Obviously! I packed last night! I got excited!" I replied.

"I'm glad you are, I'm just happy we can be together. Oh, one last place before we go" Niall said, interlocking his fingers with mine.

He guided me down the stairs, "where are we going?"

"It'll be a surprise. Wear youe shoes, let's go!" Niall instructed me.

Where else can this boy take me? Mullingar had a few historical places, but I was never really attracted to those; I already went to go see my family, who was just a couple of blocks down, but the people next door said that they went on vacation in Thailand or something; we went out to eat dinner at the fanciest dinner in town and we already watched a movie together in the next town over. There really was no place left to go.

-- 

Our hands have been tangled with each other since we left the house. We've been walking for nearly 15 minutes now. I didn't really mind since there was excellent weather today, although it was a bit chilly.

"Here we are!" He stopped us in front of a gate for a kiddie park.

"Where is this place?" I tried to scan the area for any resemblance from any of my memories.

"You don't remember?" He let go of my hand and grasped onto my wrist, pulling me. If anyone else saw me, they would of probably thought I was some seal running the way I was running. "C'mon! Get on the swing!" He pointed to the second one from the right.

I hopped onto the swing and began pushing myself back and forth. I had a slight warming instinct about this place but I just couldn't put my finger on it. But it wasn't until what Niall did next that brought all the memories back.

I was swinging back and forth, trying to reach the sky, but Niall abruptly came behind the swing and stopped it from pivoting any further. I turned around in shock and everything happened just like the first time. As I turned my head, Niall planted the sweetest kiss on my lips and gave me a bright smile, mirroring the actions from last time. From the back of my head, I can see Niall's short ass body with his cute patch of brown hair, trying to reach my lips from the floor, like when we were 12.

I smiled, "I remember now. You were so short back then, and now you're some giant!" He came around the front of the swing and stood between my open legs. "Things really have changed since then."

"It really had, hasn't it? Here," he pulled out his iPhone "I want to remember this day" he clicked the camera app and we took multiple selfies. Silly ones, serious ones,and ones that are my favorite, the ones where we were kissing. It all just felt so right.

'Niall, I love you. I really do love you. Thank you for giving me the best 5 days of my lives and probably many more memories to come. Thank You. I love you' was what I planned to say, but I only managed the first two syllables, "Niall,"

"Yeah babe?"

"I- I I" I choked. "I melt every time you call me babe, or just talked to me. You're amazing." I didn't say what I planned. Why? Because I honestly don't want to move along too quickly. I want to make sure he's the one before I call him my prince in shining armor, or just tell him the simple three words: I love you. I just couldn't. I'm afraid of getting hurt, again. Get to the peak of a relationship and just have everything crashing down on you in an instant. It hurts, it really does hurt.