I'm Not Ready, Just Yet. (4)

FATE BROUGHT US TOGETHER

CHAPTER FOUR

"Here honey, give me your passport and I'll go check you in while you can go say your goodbyes to all of your friends" My mom said as I handed my passport to her. She gave me a quick peck on the cheek and went to the counter with my luggage and began talking to the attendant behind the counter.

I couldn't believe it; I will be entering those gates in just a few minutes and will not be able to turn around. After entering those gates and walking onto that plane, I will not be able to be with my friends for an entire year. Why did fate have to plan out my life like this? AGAIN! There it goes again with the fate thing! I am weird. Well, anyways, after taking my first step onto the plane, I will need to give up my life in the US and have to start an entire new life. I guess that's a good thing, but I just don't know. Will it be a good thing to start all over again? Yeah, I managed to live barely through two and a half year of high school by being friendly with everyone. But will starting on a clean state be too much for me to handle? I'm just not mentally prepared for this.

"DON'T LEAVE KAYLA! PLEASEE!" Jake exclaimed as he brought me into his bone-crushing hug. I really will miss him. He has been one of my best friends ever. Without him, I don't know how I will be able to get into trouble and share the blame with someone. "It's alright Jake, you and Jenni will come and visit me right?" I said as I put my head on his shoulder.

"Well, as long as we're welcomed there! I'll make sure to oovoo you, or should I say Skype, you know them Brits, every single day. Is there a time change? We'll have to work that out, but whatever happens, I will promise you that I will chat you every single day to keep you updated on the things that happened that day."

"I'll make sure to call you immediately once I land to inform you anything important alright? Great, I have no one to talk to and share the blame for the crimes I'm going to do in the UK now. You really have to visit me. I swear, I will actually pay for your plane ticket for you!" I said as I gave him another really big hug and buried my head into his chest. Just then, he pulled out from his pocket a really cute hat. A panda hat to be exact. "Here, wear this, it's gonna be cold over there alright? You can take this to remember me. Whenever you're missing me, just pull it out and wear it whenever you'll be outside. You better take a lot of pictures of it and show me! I'll be checking alright?" Tears rolled down my cheek uncontrollably. I nodded and kept on mouthing yes, I will to him. "Oh I love you Jake! I'm going to miss you so fucking much. I love you big brother!" I said as I gave him a small peck on the cheek and he replied it with a soft kiss on my forehead. He helped me into the hat and then put his chin on the top of my head.

"Promise me to call me immediately alright? I'll be waiting all night for your call. It's nine now and your flight is at ten-thirty right? So you'll land around at three-thirty or so? I'll be awake just for you." He whispered into my ears. He just made me even more miserable to see him think about me that much. I gave him a nod to tell him I will, I promise.

"Ay! My turn! I think I deserve some love too!" Jenni said as I came out of the womb of Jake's arms. I gave him a smile and turned to Jenni. I have known Jenni for as long as I can remember and I have never been away from her. Ever. Except that one time when we had our family vacation to Europe a few years ago. I don't really remember much about that trip except for that one boy I had met there. He was amazing. Although we only stayed there for a week and an half, I really thought we did click. His name was James, I think. I guess I can consider him as my first love, since I gave my first kiss to him. It was really romantic!

We met when my grandma told me to go to the supermarket to buy some chips for the week. I met him at the aisle and actually saw him have piles and bags of chips and junk food in his arms. When he dropped it, I decided to help him and that's how we met! I think we were 12 or 13 then. But we were able to go to the beach alone and have walks into the sunset together. I really loved him, but I couldn't confess to him knowing that I would be really hurt when I leave a week later. I did, I was hurt, terribly. That afternoon where we kissed was one of the happiest days of my life. We were at a park nearby my grandparent's house or his dad's house, and I was sitting on a swing. We had talked a lot during the entire week and so he told me about his family, and so did I. That one afternoon, when I was just swinging up and down the swings, he suddenly went behind me and stopped the swing from pivoting any further. I turned around in shock and that's when it happened. He planted the sweetest kiss on my lips and he gave me the most beautiful smile in the world. I was in love, and so was he.