Relationships (15)

FATE BROUGHT US TOGETHER 

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"Niall?!" Girl number one said. We were chatting about in a corner away from everyone who are partying their heads off "Who is this girl you snogging away with in a corner?" said another girl.

I recognized their very familiar voices. Dani and El. Our distance parted immediately but I buried my head inside Niall's chest as he caressed me. "What girl?"

"Oh sorry, were we not supposed to interrupt?" I heard Eleanor say, vaguely.

He combed through my hair with his fingers. "No, it's fine. You two are the sisters I never had. How do I possibly dare not tell you guys?" He's right. They are like the sisters that we never had. I can't bare to hide anything from them, it just doesn't feel right.

"Well don't freak out, but-"

"Hold the hell up. Woah woah woah." What's going on? Who just interrupted Niall? What's going on? "Is that? No, it can't be." I felt someone touch my body. More specifically, my dress. Crap.

"Is that.... Is that Kay-... Kayla?" Oh shit.

I turned around to face them. "Hey guyssssssssss!"

"I knew it! I knew it! I kneeeeeeeeeew it!! Who was right? I was right! That's right bitchess!"

"Eleanor! Eleanor Calder! Are you high?" I yelled over the loud music. "Did everyone make bets on us or something? And we didn't know anything about this?"

I turned to face Nialler, "You didn't know anything about this. Right?"

"No mam, no I did not." He answered with his adorable accent. It make me melt every time. I couldn't help but just staring at him. Staring into his blue eyes, staring into him. He stared back. I swear, there was a spark. A spark that triggered his arms to wrap tightly around my waist.

"Well you two love birds, we'll let you two get it on." I heard El say.

Dani followed by mocking, "Don't wanna be a third wheel now do we? Hahhahhahahha"

We parted but before we knew it, the two already disappeared into the crowd with drinks in both of their hands.

"C'mon, let's go meet some people. You're always in a corner by yourself, live a little!" Niall pulled my hand and made our way through the swarm of crazy drunk people.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and I rested my head inside his warmth. His fingers stroked the ends of my hair that fanned across my shoulder. A full minute of alone time haven't even passed yet and already, a bunch of gentlemen approached us.

"Lads! Come here! I want you to meet someone!" Niall said as he waved with his hand that motioned the guys to come towards us. They all had a bright smile on their faces. All of their eyes directed to Niall's arm that wrapped tightly around my lower back. I turned my head to see the crazy dancing people on the dance floor. From my peripheral, I can see the group of guys winking at Niall with huge smirks on their faces.

"That's her? She's stunning!" One of the guys said. He seemed familiar, but I never really got to know his name.

He tightened his grip around my shoulders which made me direct my attention back to them, "Back off! She's mine!" They all bursted out in a hysterical laughing fit but soon nodded in agreement. "But you're mine you know that right? I won't let anything, anyone hurt you, ever."

"He's a wonderful boy. If you ever lose him, I'm taking him!" Dude number two said to me. Niall slapped him by the arm and nudged the other guys.

"I'll never leave her," he said. He planted the slightest kiss on my cheek as I struggled to take a peek at his crystal blue eyes. And that's when I knew his words were real. The tone of his voice; the reason behind it, the real meaning. "But anyways, meet the band Kayla!"

"Hi Kayla! I'm Dan!"

"I'm Sandy! Sandy Beales!"

"I'm Jon! Niall has talked a lot about you!"

I smiled shyly to each of them as they introduced themselves. They all seemed so nice! I even offered to shake their hands!

"Hey Kayla! I'm Josh!" I stretched out my arm to greet him, until I heard his name. Josh. A queasy feeling overcame me. I froze; eyes hollow, hands frozen. Josh. The name replayed in the back of my head repeatedly. Josh.

Niall must of picked up my expression when he brushed his fingers against my arm, snapping me back into reality. He knew, he understood. I apologized quickly and continued the gesture.

That name, it just automatically triggers the painful memories that I have experienced.

Tears threatened to spill over my eyes onto my cheeks. I couldn't contain my emotions. I knew that I had to get out of this place, but where?

My eyes blurred out from the tears forming. I turned the other direction of the guys and darted for the bathroom. "KAYLA! KAYLA WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?"

"I'm sorry mate, did I do something wrong?" I heard Josh say before the distance overcame the loud music.

"No no, I'll explain later" I faintly heard Niall scream over the music before chasing after me.

Stupid memories. Stupid emotions. Stupid relationships.

-- 

I didn't have any homework today, so I decided to upload it. It's short anyways, so why not! I'll be uploading another one tomorrow too though x