Chapter 28: Burned Memories

🤍Ch 28 (song/노래): When Will I See You Again by Shakka🖤

Third POV

Normal Text: Minjun's POV
Italics: Y/n's POV

Monday 월요일 (wolyoil)— - -
The two people: A girl and a boy open their eyes. One shoots up from a dream that was currently happening before an annoying sound consistently informs that they have to go back to the real world and become a responsible adult.

Their youthful eyes begin to take a toll for the worse by the skin underneath turning into an obscure purple hue. It was the result of these nightmares of his abduction and his captor gradually plaguing his only escape. The boy habitually rubs the tiredness off of his eyes as he positions his legs off the bed and his palms placed to the side.

"Today will be different. I can do this." He gives himself some encouragement for the day to unfold excellently in his favor. Signifying that he will not have any depressing emotions or hallucinations from his traumatic past.

Clearing his mind, he sighs out, sensing the feeling of forlorn creeping up in his optimistic self before it had a chance to formulate more. He lifts his body completely off the bed.

Meanwhile, the other person--The girl produces a husky noise coming from out of her mouth. Attempting to be ten times more irritating as the object that's forcing her to come back to her cruel reality.

Her hands already reaching for the object. Leisurely yet angrily she shifts out of her bed nearly dragging her blankets and sheets with her. Continuing to make her way from her recent sanctuary and habitant.

- - —Hours later— - -

"Shooting stars..." I mutter the lyrics to the song. My hand's gripping a piece of paper with the writings printed on saying: my schedule for my new classes. Currently, I'm walking down the hallways to the first day of my new life. Minjun free.

Unconsciously, sensing myself wrapping my arms around my body. In an attempt to comfort myself and to transform the old me back into my current self. Not the college me, but the hometown girl who was obsessed with The Vampire Diaries, music, family-oriented especially to my parents, a horror fanatic, and a girl who loved to shop in malls.

That person right there I want back in my life. No more of my obsessive, hopeless romantic fanatic.

Habitually, I place my left hand out to touch every single flower bed. The softness of the flowers suddenly becomes a gratifying sensation in me. Seeming as if it was a tiny reminder of my past life. A life where my mother was in. That crazy lady used to be in love with the outdoors, nature, animals especially marine creatures. That's why she became a marine biologist.

Reminiscing on the olden days forms a soft smile upon my features. I need to smile more, anyways. I will get better sooner or later. I promised my mom that I would and for Minjun's sake too.

-----

"Minjun, I would never hurt you, or chain you up because that's just so inhumane..." Her soft, delicate hand reached out to my cheek, however, I flinched away at her sudden interaction. The pain eventually engulfed her eyes and body language. Her figure slumped in defeat, her eyebrows furrowing downwards, her gentle smile leaving her face and replaced by a subtle frown.