Chapter 16: Lover's Quarrel

🖤Ch 16 (song/노래): Two Birds by Regina Spektor🤍

Italics= Korean speaking

Y/n's POV

- —Days later— -
"Hey! Talk to me. Please."
"Can you ever forgive me, Y/n?"
"I know what I did was wrong and I know I'm being punished because of it."

I attempted to kick him out without confronting it to him by doing it in the most subtle way by leaving the door unlocked for him. Despite this, he didn't budge because I found him cuddling, sleeping with one of my shirts I had when I was sleeping over. Then I just decided to care for him with bare to zero interaction with him.

"This is so fucked up, Y/n and you know it."

My back pressed against the thin division that's keeping Minjun at bay. Leisurely, my legs buckles from the excessive pleading of the person in the other room. Leaning my short haired head up to the door, perceiving the door, contrasting to my weight. Minjun's probably on the entrance too. A soft pressure is suddenly applied right next to where my face is at.

His fingertips dragging upon the wooden border, caressing, stroking it as his pleads ceased to an ending. Acknowledging my close presence near him and how he yearns to be in my personal proximity for the longest.

He feels like his heart is being stabbed by thousands of needles, or an itch that can't bug off, unless he's near me, hearing my voice, my reactions to him, holding me, caressing me, touching me was the only way to cure that itch, or those needles. I only know this because I used to be like that until reality came knocking on my door.

"I'm sorry, my Fennec. I already learned from my mistakes. I know it wasn't okay for me to force myself onto you. Please.... Talk to me." Hearing his voice cracking up a bit, he sounds like a punished kid after failing to oblige to their parents' commands.

Shaking my head by him, calling me my nickname I received from him two weeks ago. When we were doing flash cards, a picture of a fennec fox was displayed on the card. He thought fennecs were cute and he started calling me that.

"I don't know how to function without hearing your voice, or our little interaction. I feel like I'm going crazy without being around you. Please... just say something to me." My heart starts to feel a sharp throbbing in it, instantly reaching over to the place of the pained organ.

Something about this plead is a bit different because this one hits home to me and... "I don't know what to do. Please I don't want..." He pauses for a minute to regather his thoughts, his voice begins to shake at the end, sounds of sniffing is vaguely detected in the midst of the silence that fell between us.

— —Three days later— —

Opening the door to his bedroom, maybe this will be the day to tell hi— Ah! Simultaneously, the clothes in my hands goes flying in the air then to the floor. "Listen, I know I fucked up big time I know I took more of my share in this, and I don't know...when you're ever going to forgive me...but you said you love me."

I don't pay him no attention as I bent down to the floor to grab one of his goodbye clothes. Abruptly a hand; his hand's wrapped around my s/c skinned wrist, this merely makes me look up into his face, automatically, I avert my eyes somewhere else therefore shifting my head to the side of him.

Distinguishing every little details of his delicate, soft, callous hands pulling my chin back to face him. His palms eventually cupping me in the most gentleness manner as if I'm a valuable, irreplaceable, fragile item.

"Meaning you can forget this and we can continue watching movies, teaching me English, playing games, cooking or simply being around me, talking to me." He adds on, noticing his eyes flickering down to my lips, biting down on his anticipation for the sudden magical bolts of electricity to surge back into his figure.

"...No, Minjun. We can't go back to our norms." I bluntly state, Minjun's shocked by my words as he defensively retorts back: "No...No...isn't this what you wanted, to be loved by me, to be loyal, faithful and caring to you. I thought you wanted that." He says, his hands positioning me closer and closer to his face, desiring for our lips to touch just once.

Ripping my head out of his grasp, I once again avoid his eye contact. "Yes, I used to want that.." The anxiousness and overwhelming of guilt rushes in my veins, causing me to cowardly glimpse away from him. I can tell he's in so much distressed, dumbfounded by my past tense. "You still do, right?" He questions me.

No answer.

Being fed up he grabs ahold of my chin to search for merely a sliver of devotion, compassion, love for him. "Right??!" He shouts at me. "No!" I whisper, tearing his grasps off of me, promptly a wave of sadness washes over his face his body going still, his mind processing my confession.

Shaking my head, I continue. "I should've never abducted you, I should've never changed you. I should've never brainwashed you into thinking you care for me, love me. I should've never taken you because of my selfish desires, it's my fault that you're acting this way. I....I damaged you." I didn't realize I'm already off of the ground standing in front of the man.

"No, no, no, y/n I'm fine. Look. Look, I'm fine." Out on a whim, he stands up backing into the bedroom, rotating his body around spreading his arms out. Shaking my head, I commence on picking up the fallen clothes. "No, you're not, physically, yeah, but mentally...no." I discouragingly proclaim, gradually placing my hands onto his cheeks.

"You told me almost two months ago that I should do the right thing... I believe I can redeem myself to the old Jun." A grin spreads across my features to priorly feel myself breaking down. One...two, then more comes from out of my eyes. The overwhelming sadness comes rushing within me. All of those pleads I've heard, his smiles, his laughter, his twinkling eyes I loved about him merely... pains me to do this to him.

His thumb nearing my wet cheeks to wipe them off, although I don't give him the chance to as I relocate my body to the threshold, pushing the door open wider. "And this is the righteous thing to do for me." I shrug my shoulders, glancing to the side, pausing before turning to him pointing to say:

"I could never be loved by the real Ko Minjun. So I'm freeing you because it is the right thing to do. Honestly...I don't care if you report me, never talk to me, do whatever you want that feels righteous to you." I sense myself choking up by my words. Minjun's solely frozen in place with transparent liquid rolling down his face.

"You can leave, now, you're no longer held captive by me." Unconsciously, he takes a step backwards to me, shaking his head he takes a step.

"Please don't...do this."

"You're going to leave this house and you will never see my face again." I announces. One step backwards, he blurts out: "No, no, no, no." Subconsciously, my body had moved to his personal space. This is going to be the last time I'll see him again, leaning to peck his cheek he swiftly shifts his skull into my lips direction.

Without time to react, we instinctively collide with each other's lips.  A forbidden, good sensation surges inside of me, a feeling I told himself no before.  A warmth coming from below my waistline, I shouldn't feel like this not when I'm endeavoring to let him go not keep him longer.

Briskly pulling away, I shift back to the door. Of course Minjun shakes his head, the sorrow in him pains him to say anything. "You can't be cooped up in here, besides If you stay here I won't be coming back to this house, anyways."

He doesn't budge. "Ko Minjun... you are dead to me. I will no longer love you, care for you, feel anything that's consider affectionate towards you. You either leave or I will." I state, tightening my hands into fists. Minjun scoffs at this and this last statement of mines makes him infuriated to the point he abandons me in the house.

It's only just me... sliding down on the side of the wall and I commence on pouring out my buried feelings.