Chapter 17: Lost & Found

🖤Ch 17 (song/노래): Soda by Nothing But Thieves🤍

Italics= Memories

Minjun's POV

- -Some time later- -
Ko Minjun... you are dead to me. I will no longer love you, care for you, feel anything that's consider affectionate towards you.

You are dead to me

Dead!

No, no, no.... Please don't do this.

You're dead to me, I will no longer love you.

No, I love you and you still love me. We both care for each other, even more than ever.

Because I'm in love with you. I just couldn't let anyone hurt you anymore... I couldn't let her hurt you anymore

No, you said you loved me and you would protect me... although in reality, I was the one protecting you by keeping you there with me. Observing your every movements, afraid your phone might go off and you would have to leave me once again.

You could never love me.

No, no, I loved.. still love you. I, now, yearn for your warm embrace wrapping around me, telling me that you're safe from the world, I was the one protecting you. I want to feel your fingers coursing through my locks as you and me watch some American tv shows you grew up watching. Or how I desired so badly to feel our hot bodies pressing against each other, making sure we became one being in a steamy, hot, mess of bliss...

Beep!! Beep!!

Abruptly, I'm shoved back into reality, whipping my head towards the noise. I promptly spot a white car stopping just in time. The driver proceeds to honk at me, since I continue to stand in the middle of the streets? When... did I?

How far is the house from the main road? How long have I been walking for? Is my little fennec still at the house? I can attempt to follow the same path, however, I pretty much don't remember the journey. I've just been in my mind. Now that, I'm scanning the environment, the sky looks a bit darker than earlier, perhaps it's already midnight right n-

Beep!! Beep!!

"Hey, you didn't hear me the first time." The person in the vehicle responds, I merely hum by this. She repeats herself: "I said do you need a ride?" I solely nod my head by her invitation, ambling over to the passenger's door, hopping in it to settle myself into it.

Glimpsing to the lady on the side, Why's she so kind? Shouldn't she be paranoid, or uncomfortable about anyone turning out to be her killer.

People like this should not be able to exist. Just like you, y/n. Folks like that are too precious to be in this world, a world that'll harm you mentally and physically, this world can break people like you, manipulate you. That's why I have to...

"So what are you doing here late at night?" The woman replies, without discerning my grabby hands reaching towards her neck. Wait? What! Pulling my hands back towards myself, I avert my eyes to the window while she drives me to wherever. "My soon to be girlfriend dumped me out here." I merely hear a soft laughter from her. Feeling her eyes beaming holes into the side of my face.

"I know this isn't my business, but hearing that is...already two red flags. She seems to be a bit crazy and that right there... you just dodged a bullet." She honestly states, glimpsing over to my face once again to priorly face forward at the road. Why the fuck is she giving me advice on dating??