001 | kinmyaku academic

nishimura riki
───────────

In a world full of privileges, is it possible to get enough? Absolutely not.

Why would I reject or decline any form of praise and respect, wouldn't that be rude by me? Some people would definitely not hesitate to call me a spoiled brat or something.

But maybe I am a spoiled brat but does that even matter? Someone had to be the spoiled brat and in this story it happened to be me.

In this story am I the main character you either love and adore or hate and despise. Fortunately have I manged to collect a sourranding with people who loves and adores me.

But at the end of the day, people's opinions about me don't matter that much since they have no other choice but to show me respect. That's why I get enough of privileges.

“We have arrived, your highness” My chauffeur said.

I nodded as I waited for my chauffeur to open the door for me. In front of me was an enormous old building that's the royal palace, but my new school.

“Welcome to Kinmyaku Academic crown prince Riki. It's an honor to serve the royal family” A lady greeted me while she gently bowed.

“Thank you for having me, headmistress” I said with a smile.

“The pleasure is mine” The headmistress replied.

Kinmyaku Academic is the school my family has attended for generations. It might be my first personal encounter with the principal but after all the stories I've been told, the principal doesn't feel like a stranger to me.

We walked into the school building together where the rest of the school staff were. They were lined up next to each other and greeted me one by one after each other. After all of the greetings I was guided to another room.

The headmistress opened the door for me which revealed a crowded grand hall. Kinmyaku is in the high ranks for being Japan's most expensive school, as well as ranked as one of the biggest schools in terms of number of students. Kinmyaku is almost like a collective place of wealthy teenagers.

I slowly walked across the grand hall while I smiled and waved at my new school mates. My eyes then met the person I was searching for, my friend Nicholas. I walked over to him and greeted him with a bro hug.

“I was starting to wonder when you would arrive” Nicholas said.

“Posh people are always late” I replied with a smile.

Nicholas shrugged with a soft smile on his lips. I looked ahead and saw the headmistress walking up to a lectern.

“Good morning and a dearest welcome back to a new term in Kinmyaku Academic” The headmistress spoke into the microphone that was placed on the lectern.

“Good morning headmistress” All of the students replied while bowing.

“This term has been a long time waiting to arrive and we are all relieved that the wait is over. It's an honor for us in Kinmyaku to be the royal family's safety when it comes to education. It has given us strength, motivation, ambition and aspiration through generations to keep going and always make sure to improve our education” The headmistress said.

“It's an honor for us in Kinmyaku Academic to lead a new royalty generation and to stay beside our crown prince” The headmistress replied.

The headmistress started to applaud afterwards which created a domino effect. I stood up from my seat and waved, smiled and bowed to everyone before I sat down again. While the headmistress continued to share a few more words regarding information, my eyes took another look at my school mates.

Because of my status and title, I chose to be homeschooled until now. Even though my status and title means pride and honor to me, it doesn't mean it is the same for other people. I may not have come across a lot of people in my life so far but I still have a medium level of trust-issues.

Since I'm an only child and His and Her Majesty's only heir have my focus only been on my future position for as long as I can remember. During my early teenage years I went into a slump because of some type of identity crisis. I have always been aware of my privileges and lifestyle, something I didn't stumble upon until my early teenage years.

It felt like a reality check slapped my face. At that point it didn't matter how much I loved my lifestyle when all I could care about was myself as a human being. I chose to be homeschooled because I didn't need nor wanted that type of social interaction. But after my slump I realized it is that type of social interaction I need and want.

I love being crown prince, I wouldn't exchange it for anything else, but it's not a dance on roses like it's portrayed as.