28.

"wow, this is quite sudden." calum spoke after a long moment of silence.

"i know, mom just told me today." i mumbled.

i felt tears enter my eyes.

"aw baby, don't cry. it's not like you won't see us again." ashton whispered as he brought me in for a hug.

i wrapped my arms around him tightly as tears started to roll down my face.

"i'm sorry that you had to deal with my shitty attitude when i first came." i mumbled.

"apology not accepted. you were struggling and defending your control. i don't blame you." ashton chuckled as he held me tighter.

i looked over at calum and saw he was trying to hold back his own tears.

"cal." i whispered as i moved to hug him.

he wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"i feel like i'm just starting to help our relationship." he whispered.

"we've always had one. i just couldn't see it until now." i replied.

he nodded softly.

"i unfortunately can't take you to the airport because i have an appointment." calum whispered as he let go of me.

"i understand. work comes first." i smiled softly.

"i can take her." luke offered.

"you know, i want to say yes, but at the same time i feel like there's something going on that i don't know about." calum spoke with a slight squint to his eyes.

"oh cal, reel in the overprotective brother." michael joked as he slapped him in the arm.

"you'll say goodbye before i leave right?" i asked as i looked at ashton, michael, and calum.

"duh, why wouldn't we." michael replied as he rolled his eyes.

"go pack and get some sleep." calum spoke softly.

i nodded and left the room.

i pulled out my suitcase and started to stuff all of my clothes back inside. i gathered all of my toiletries before shutting the suitcase and sitting in bed.

i had the time of my life here. i was finally learning to take control over the disorder that was ruling my life.

i laid in bed and quickly fell asleep.

the next morning, i woke up to my alarm going off and i grabbed my suitcase and backpack and pulled it downstairs.

i saw all the boys standing in their work clothes downstairs with sad expressions.

"jeez i'm not dying you know." i spoke softly.

"i know, you've just grown so much. i'm so damn proud of you." calum spoke as he dragged me into a hug.

i hugged him back tightly.

"i wouldn't and couldn't have done it if it wasn't for you." i smiled.

i gave michael a huge hug and thanked him for helping me.

"babe you did the hard part. we were just cheerleaders on the side." michael laughed.

i finally gave ashton a hug.

"you made it. stay strong and remember we are all a phone call away." he smiled as he hugged me tightly.

i went to grab my suitcase and saw it was gone.

"liyah i already grabbed it and put it in the car." luke smiled at the door.

i nodded and walked to the door with the boys behind me.

i hopped into the car and waved at the three men in scrubs. i was going to miss them.

we arrived at the airport and luke walked me up until security.

"damn, i thought i wasn't going to cry." luke laughed as he wiped the tears in his eyes.

"don't cry!" i chuckled as i hugged him tightly.

"you did so well here. i'm so proud of you. take care of yourself alright?" luke whispered.

"you know i will. bye luke." i mumbled as i walked into security with my backpack.

i made my way through the airport and up to my gate before boarding and eventually arriving back in australia.

i met mom at the gate and gave her a huge hug.

"oh my god, you look perfect darling! i missed you." mom replied as he pulled me into a tight hug.

dad for the first time in a while hugged me.

"i'm proud of you." he whispered.

we got my luggage and headed home.

i entered my room and started to unpack.

i missed this, but i also missed them.

they saved me, they gave me the strength to make myself better.

i was going to go back to the states again, maybe not anytime soon, but i was going to go back.