26.

we just ran our first mile and ashton and michael were already half walking.

"come on guys." i laughed with an eye roll as i continued jogging.

"nope, see this isn't fair! you run so much more than the rest of us!" ashton panted as he began to run again.

"excuse me? i think you meant to say more than you." calum spoke with an eye roll as he pointed between ashton and michael.

we continued running until we hit an uphill spot and ashton and michael began to complain and walk.

"why are they such slow pokes." i spoke as i continued up the hill.

"to be fair, it's hard to run up hill if you've never ran before." luke spoke out of breath.

"aw someone's getting tired." i laughed.

i wasn't even phased. i loved to run.

luke glared at me before speeding up.

"hey ca- i began to say before looking around and seeing him walking up the hill with ashton and michael.

"come on cal! you're going to let your little sister beat you." i laughed.

"yeah! go ahead! i'm too tired." calum yelled as he continued to hike up the hill.

i caught up to luke and continued jogging.

"you can walk if you want." i laughed as i looked over at luke who was practically dying.

"and let you run alone? come on now liyah, i'm much more of a gentleman then that." he chuckled as he matched my pace.

we were right about to turn the corner to the street of the house when an old lady shouted.

"i wish my grandson and his wife would run together in the morning!"

i looked over at her completely frazzled and was about to respond when luke said, "thank you ma'am! you have a great day!"

"what the hell." i muttered as we slowed down and walked into the driveway.

"what? would marrying me be that bad?" luke laughed as he walked inside.

i stared at the door completely red in the face before walking in after him.

i walked upstairs and showered before examining myself in the mirror again. i was starting to become a bit chubby from all of the food i was eating.

maybe i did need to start cutting back.

i changed into some sweats and a hoodie before walking downstairs. i was the only one down there, the rest of the boys were upstairs showering.

all of a sudden i heard a knock on the door.

i slowly walked over and looked inside the tiny hole to see an unfamiliar face.

who the hell was that?

"open the door child." the man spoke from the other side.

i quickly backed away. the man started to pound on the door before stopping.

"i have a gun. if you don't open this door i will shoot you." he sneered.

i slowly cracked the door open and looked up at him.

"w-what do you want?" i stuttered.

"you." he whispered as he grabbed my arm.

"what the fuck! let go!" i shouted as i began to struggle.

"stop struggling or i'll knock you out. i was hired from a family in australia who's daughter just committed suicide. they said it was your fault." he whispered.

"t-that's not true! i didn't do anything! she said it wasn't my fault!" i sobbed as he held the gun to my head.

ashton walked downstairs and froze.

"i suggest you walk back upstairs or this beautiful lady is going to get a bullet through her head." the man spit as he held the gun closer to my head.

"ash go!" i yelled with tears in my eyes.

the man threw me down on the floor and pointed the gun at me.

"you're lucky i'm not going to kill you. i don't kill children." he spoke as he put the gun away slowly.

"just fucking kill me." i muttered as i sat there shaking on the floor.

"don't make me repeat myself!" the man yelled as he kicked me in the stomach.

all of a sudden ashton and calum came charging at the man while michael grabbed me and pulled me inside.

"who the fuck do you think you are!" calum yelled as he punched the man in the face.

michael quickly shut the door and put me down on the couch.

"liyah? baby? are you okay? talk to me." he whispered as he bent down to my level to look me in the eyes.

"i-i killed bee." i stuttered back not lifting my eyes from the spot i was staring at.

"no baby, you didn't. liyah chose her own path. you didn't do anything wrong." michael corrected as he gently rubbed my arm.

"i called 911. they're on the way." luke spoke as he ran downstairs.

"go outside and make sure ash and cal didn't kill the man." michael instructed as he brought me in for a hug.

i was a murderer. i murdered my best friend.

to think that i was going to try and become healthy after she died.

i am nothing but a selfish, fat, murderer.