Part 39 - We Need To Talk.

Bucky's pov

I watch as y/n used her new found abilities to heal Nat, it looks like she's struggling to do so. Before we know it, Nat is no longer thrashing around in pain and y/n doesn't seem to be reacting to anything around her.

"Y/n?" I ask getting more concerned, she doesn't even seem to hear me. I let go of Nat, since she no longer needs to be restrained and dart over to y/n. By the time I reach her she's already lying on the floor. I sit next to her and shake her but she's unconscious and not responding.

Bruce makes his way over to us with the same look of panic I'm wearing on my face. "Is she okay?" I ask him, my voice laced with worry. "I don't know, take her to the med lab next door and I'll see if I can find out what's wrong." Bruce replies.

I give him a nod and pick up y/n and take her to the med lab next door. I place her on the bed and stand next to her holding her hand. "I'm going to need you to leave Bucky." Bruce informs me. "What?" I respond not wanting to leave her side.

"I can find out what's wrong more quickly and efficiently if there's no one here asking questions." He replies. I don't want to leave her, but I understand. I give him a nod and reluctantly leave the room.

~~~

We are all waiting in the living room for some news from Bruce. It's been over an hour and I'm growing impatient. Everyone is on edge, no one saying a word. Even Loki seems concerned. I'm pacing the living room trying to compose myself and not overthink. I know Nat feels guilty but I know it's not her fault.

Just then Bruce walks in. "Can I talk to you Bucky?" He asks me, turning the heads from everyone in the room. I nod and follow him as he leads me to outside off y/n's medical room.

"What's wrong? Is she okay?" I ask him, hoping for the best. "She will be fine, but there's something you should know." He tells me. "Okay, what is it?" I ask concern filling my voice.

He takes a sigh and rubs the bridge of his nose before talking. "She's exhausted Bucky, it looks like she's hardly had any sleep, she's been forcing herself to stay awake." I was about to speak before he spoke again. "She's also not been eating, from what I can tell she's barely eaten a thing in weeks." He finishes explaining.

"I- I don't... I don't understand. She told me she was fine! She's been sleeping with me every night." I tell him. "Has she been there when you've woken up?" He asks me. I think for a second before answering. "No, I thought she just got up before me, she told me she ate before I came down in the mornings when I ask about it. I can't believe I didn't put it together sooner." I inform him. "Don't beat yourself up about it Bucky, none of us noticed either. We all should have seen something was up." He reassures me.

Despite what he says, I still feel guilty for not noticing sooner. "Can I see her?" I ask. "Yes, she will probably be out for a little while since she's so drained. Healing Nat tipped her over the edge I think. I'll go and inform the others." 

"Thank you" I tap him on the shoulder and give him a nod before waking into the room. I go and sit on her bed and rub her hand for a minute. I decide to let her sleep and kiss her forehead before sitting on a chair a few steps away from her bed. I don't mean to, but I fall asleep after about half an hour.

Y/n's pov.

I wake up with a pounding in my head, I feel week and I can only hope that I actually helped Nat with her wound. I groan as I pry my eyes open, trying to adjust to the light. I hear movement to my left so I turn my head in that direction to see what was happening.

As I regain focus in my eyes, I feel Bucky stir awake. he opens his eyes and I see them fill with a mix of worry and panic. "Doll, are you okay?" He asks me while rushing over to me. "Nat." I respond, wanting nothing more than to make sure she's okay.

"She's fine doll. You healed her, remember?" He asks me, sounding slightly concerned. "Yeah, no I remember. I just saw the look on your faces and assumed something went wrong." I admit. "We were worried about you doll, you just collapsed." He informs me, I just nod in response. "Listen doll, we need to talk." Bucky announces.

I look down hoping he hasn't figured it out.