Part 6 - Your Safe.

Y/n's pov

We finished our tour of the tower, Bucky showed me around the whole place, but no doubt I'll still get lost at some point. We didn't run into anyone on our tour, they were probably all off doing there own thing. I'm sure I'll meet them all later at wanda's dinner.

"Hey, Bucky could we maybe go find Nat, is it? Real quick please - if it's not too much trouble of course?" I carefully ask him. "Yeah of course, how come?" He inquires. "Oh I just want to thank her for lending me some of her clothes, if that's okay?" I respond. "Yeah of course you can doll, come on let's go find her." He tells me reassuringly.

~~~

We find Nat in the training room with a fairly short, dark skinned man. I loved watching Nat train, granted she was a little intimidating but damn she's good.

She spotted me and Bucky and gave use a small friendly smile before walking over to us. "Hey Bucky, y/n, I'm glad to see your okay. What's up?" She asks rather cheerily. I briefly glance up at Bucky before looking back to Nat. "I - I just wanted to say thank you for letting me borrow your clothes." I mutter barely audible.

"Of course sweetie, anytime. We could use more girls around here, that's Sam by the way" she tells me while grinning. I quickly give her and Sam a small smile, Bucky wraps his arm around my waist and plants a small kiss on the top of my head. "Ready to go doll? I wanna grab a shower before dinner" Bucky asks me. I look at him and nod in response.

We walk back upstairs where half the rooms are, the rest are downstairs including the one I'm staying in. Bucky heads into his room which is in the far left corner. His is the only room on that wall apart from the one at the far right, a set of stairs and being the only thing separating them with an elevator opposite the stairs. There's another 3 rooms directly opposite his.

As Bucky walks into his room I linger in the doorway slightly leaning against the door frame. He turns around to look at me after realising I'm no longer by his side, "what's up doll?" He asks me somewhat confused. "Oh, I just didn't know if you wanted me to go or-" he interrupts me before I can finish "of course you can stay here while I grab a shower. You don't have to but your more than welcome to. My door is always open for you doll" he walks over and holds my hand in his before gently pulling me in the room and closing the door.

He goes over to lock the door "wait!" I shout he glances over slightly concerned, "please don't" I say lowering my tone slightly. "Shit, sorry doll I should have thought." He apologises. "It's okay I just don't like them being locked anymore." I reassure him. "I get it doll, I used to feel that way too, I can leave the door slightly open if you'd prefer?" He asks me, a soft, gentle look filling his face.

"No, it's okay, can we just leave it unlocked though, please?" I question feeling less panicked now. "Of course we can doll, feel free to open it again if you need to" "thank you bucky" I acknowledged. He smiles softly at me, my gaze meets his gorgeous Icy blue eyes yet again. I realise my eyes have been lingering on his for a while now so I draw my sight to the floor instead. "Make yourself comfortable doll, I won't be too long" he tell me. "Thanks" I say as he walks away and I walk over to the side of his bed and slump down on it.

~~~

He wasn't in the shower for long just as he said. He'd been in there for about ten minutes before he came out in fresh clothes and wet hair. He walks over to the bed and sits down next to me. He lifts his arm up and places it over my shoulder, I lean into his touch and bury my head into his chest. I push him back so he's lying down, I join him and snuggle myself into his chest again.

I start to silently cry to myself, Bucky seems to pick up on this as he puts his finger under my chin and lifts it up so I'm facing him. He leans up so he's resting himself on his elbow worry filling his perfect face. He strategically moved the hand that's placed under my chin to my cheek and wipes away my tears. "Hey, what's wrong doll? Did I do something?" He asks me concerned. I shake my head in response trying to get the words out. "No, I - I just can't believe your alive and I've got you back. I really thought you were dead Buck, I missed you." I say through tears.

"Aw doll, I missed you too, I promise you, your safe now. I won't let anything happen to you." He reassures me, he rolls over more onto his side and opens his arms for me, "come here" he says calmingly. I quickly scurry closer to him and bury my head into his neck crying harder. He holds me tight and I feel safe, this is my favourite place in the whole world.

"It's okay" he coos "I'm here, I've got you, your safe now doll, safe with me." He whispers into my ear while stroking my hair with his flesh hand and rubbing circles on by back with his metal one.

~~~

I'm not sure how long we where lying there for but my tears had stopped and I was calming down. The peaceful silence was broken by Bucky "you okay doll? We should probably get ready, dinner will be ready soon. We don't have to go if your not up for it. Or I can bring some up here to you if you'd prefer?" He offers me. "It's okay Buck. I should probably meet the rest of you guys anyway plus I'm hungry so we can go. Thanks Bucky" I reply back to him. "Sure doll, whatever you like. Come on then let's get ready".

We both freshen up ready to go down, I splash some cold water on my face to try and look more alive, it partly works. I ask Bucky for one of his bobbles which he happily gives me, I tie my h/c hair into a long pony tail and dry my face. I leave Bucky's bathroom and meet him back in his bedroom. He grabs hold of my hand and we leave his room to go to wandas dinner and game night.