Part 38 - It's Nat.

He left her huddled in the corner she spent most of her time in, crying into the wall softly. He sat on his hard bed, staring blankly at the door waiting for his superior to come and give him his next order.

"Why me?" Her timid voice seeped through her tears. "You're mine." He replies coldly, nor even caring to acknowledge the timid girl in the corner. "I'm not a pet, you don't own me." That feisty spark in her voice evident once again. "You were given to me. So yes, I do own you." He told her sternly with clenched fists. "Asshole." She muttered under her breath.

The Winter Soldier turned to face the unfortunate girl, tears streaked down the bruises on her fragile face. He studied the fading bruises on her delicate skin and the new bruising starting to form. The blood down her sides and her stomach. "You. Are. Mine." He told her firmly, mere inches from her face.

Just then the cell door swung open to reveal three armed soldiers walking into the cell. "I see your enjoying your new toy soldier." One of the bigger guard says with a twisted grin plastered onto his face. He starts walking towards the helpless girl while running his tongue across his bottom lip in a sickening manner.

The guard is quick to stop walking towards the girl when The Winter Soldier stepped in front of her with a protective demeanour about him. He placed his hand on the guards chest as a warning to back off, earning raised guns from the other two. "Step down soldier." The bigger guard warned.

He continued to glare at the soldiers for a few seconds before reluctantly lowering his hand and taking a step back from the guards. It was plain to see that he cared for the girl, and somewhere down the line he might even admit it.

"Let's go Soldier." The bigger guard demands, The Winter Soldier complies and follows the guards out despite not wanting to leave the girl and knowing she doesn't want to be left, alas, he had no choice, not if he wanted to protect her at least.

*Ding*

*Ding*

Of course its just my alarm, I wake up covered in sweat and decide to get a quick shower before heading downstairs.

The past few weeks have been the same if I'm being honest. I'll get snuggled up with Bucky in his bed, wait until he falls asleep then I'll crawl out of his bed and sneak into my bathroom and ask Friday to soundproof the room for the night. I'll go downstairs in the morning before Bucky gets up and wait for him with the team in the kitchen, living room or gym. I've set regular alarms on my phone for every 20 minuets so if I do accidently fall asleep then it wont be for long.

I'm just sat on the couch in one of Bucky's hoodies waiting for him to wake up and come downstairs, I think he has gotten used to the concept of me waking up early and waiting down here for him now. Unless he knows that I don't stay with him anymore but chooses not to bring it up.

I feel guilty for not staying with him, more so for lying to him. I'd rather him think I'm getting better than him know the truth and me drag him down with me.

Soon enough Bucky came into the room with a cup of coffee for us each. He picked me up and took my spot on the couch. He placed my down on his lap and handed me my coffee. I was quick to snuggle into his side. "How'd you sleep doll?" He asks me. "Good, you?" I lie. "Me too. No nightmares?" He asks. "Nope." I lie again, giving him a fake smile.

"Are you hungry doll?" Bucky asks me. Just as I was about to answer him with a 'no' Tony bursts into the living room in a state of panic. "Y/n... I... we... need you." Tony blurts out breathless. "What's wrong?" I question clearly confused and concerned.

"It's Nat." That was all I needed to bolt up and sprint after Tony who was heading towards the med lab. I spilt some of the hot coffee down me when I darted up from Bucky, who I'm fairly certain wasn't far behind me, but it didn't even phase me.

I arrive at the med lab to see Nat lying on her side with a giant gauge wound in her back, evidently in a lot of pain. "Shit" I mutter. "What happened?" I ask as I quickly scan the room as an indication for anyone to answer me before walking over to Nat.

"She went on a small mission. The place was supposed to be empty, a quick in and out. Apparently it wasn't as abandoned as we thought. Someone came up behind her and dug a knife into her back, we thought you might be able to help." Bruce answered me, as he was seemingly the most composed in the room. "I can." I replied as I reached Nat's squirming form.

"Someone is going to have to hold her down." I announced. there were a few shared glances around the room and a few concerned ones at me. Steve and Bucky walked over to her and placed both of their arms securely on her keeping her held down.

I place my hand in her hair and rub in gently. "Nat sweetie, this is going to hurt but I need you to try and keep still for me okay?" I ask her. I receive what I believe to be a nod. "She wasn't this nice to me." I heard Sam mutter. I was quick to shoot him a warning glance which soon shut him up.

I ,gently as possible, put my hands on Nat's wound and close my eyes. Sure enough the same glow emits from my hands, just as they did with Sam. I could feel her try to thrash around which caused both of the super soldiers to tighten their grip on her.

I felt myself getting weaker so I knew it was working. Soon enough I felt Nat calm down and take a sigh of relief. I could feel the energy draining from my body. I knew the colour drained from my face. the last thing I remember was everyone's faces full of concern before everything went black.

I could only hope that Nat was oaky.