Chapter Twenty Five

A/N: I'm so sorry for being inactive for soooo long! I'm so busy with school and didn't have the time to open the app and post new updates or write new chapters. But I'm back now!

————

Chapter warning(s): Mentions of human trafficking and slave owners.

The boys just want to know when you're coming home but it seems that there are obstacles that prevent them from doing so.  

————

You yawned and stretched your arms up before rubbing them together, cold from the blasting air conditioning of the hospital. You walked to your next consultation, having asked for more clinic hours than surgery.

"Whenever you're ready, doc." The nurse smiled.

"Thanks." You grabbed the first file from the stack. Even if the clinic meant less complicated cases, you weren't complaining much. Not like you haven't been dealing with small injuries in the past few months working for Bangtan. It was rather easy for you.

"Give me 5 minutes." You told the nurse before entering your consultation room. Sitting on the chair, you logged into the computer to get all your personal data and the hospital's central system.

"Good morning. How can I help-" You stopped when you turned to see two of your bosses standing there.

"What are you doing here?" You asked rather harshly.

"Hey, (y/n)- I mean, doc." Namjoon greeted with a small smile as he sat on the patient chair at the side of your desk. He was accompanied by Yoongi, who just sat on the other chair behind, against the wall.

"What can I do for you, Mr Kim?" You asked, clearing your throat. You were going to be as professional as can be.

"I hurt my fingers the other day." He held up his fourth and pinky finger together to show you. From the way they were crooked, you knew that they were broken for sure. They were also slightly swollen and bruised, indicative of a break. You sighed, if you were still at the house, Namjoon's fingers would have been bandaged and iced a long time ago.

"I suspect they're broken. But let's take an x-ray just to be sure. You can head out and I'll schedule one for you right away." You said. The two nodded, heading out to the waiting area.

'Hey, Ryu. X-Ray 1 available? - Dr (y/l/n)'

'Nope. But X-Ray 5 is. See you there in 5. - Ryu'

'I honestly didn't even call you to help but thanks! Coming up now. - Dr (y/l/n)'

You stood up, grabbing Namjoon's file and exiting your office. The two were seated right in front, staring at your door it seemed. You gestured with your finger for them to follow you.

"Going to x-ray 5. Ryu is waiting for me, filter the patients to the other rooms for now." You told the nurse. She nodded her head and gave you a small wave. You pressed the lift button and gestured for them to enter first. All 3 of you were in the lift alone, to say it was awkward was an understatement.

"Did Jin tell you I was here?" You asked.

"Yes. But before you assume, I didn't get injured on purpose." Namjoon said. You sighed, rolling your eyes.

"We're not getting any younger." You scoffed, sipping your hot chocolate.

"Yoongi was the one that took me in. But I guess you know that already." Jin chuckled. You nodded, not really saying anything as a sign that you wanted him to continue.