Chapter Fourteen

————

Chapter warning(s): The boys share their pasts, which can be rough. Mentions of suicide, past abuse, PTSD. There's also quite some drinking in this chapter.

Going to Florida on vacation also seemed to be the perfect time to find out where the other boys came from and their pasts.

————

"He's fine. Just a little bit too much sun." You chuckled in a whisper, tucking Jin under the blanket. With that, you exited the room with the 6 others. The oldest had felt a little faint after playing in the sun, which led to his current state.

"We should-"

*RINGGGGGGG*

"Ugh, one minute." Jimin took his phone out of his pocket, walking away to answer his call. You and Jungkook looked at each other, shrugging. You headed to the living room, with you draping your legs over Hoseok to watch television, not that Hoseok minded.

"Jin hyung is asleep... That means his snacks are unguarded!" Jungkook shot up from the couch, running to the pantry.

"Nothing stand between him and food." Taehyung raised an eyebrow. Namjoon shook his head and chuckled, bidding all of you goodbye before leaving with a book tucked under his arm.

"What's for dinner?" Yoongi asked.

"I think steak and pasta." Jungkook said, mouth stuffed to the brim with cookies. The staff that worked here had the same schedule as those back in Korea.

"What shall we do tonight?"

"I don't know. We should stay in on our first night. To just... chill." Hoseok shrugged and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Even when we put a vacation notice out, work doesn't seem to stop coming." Jimin stormed in, complaining. Taehyung raised an eyebrow at his best friend, shifting to let him sit on the couch.

"That's what you get for opening a new place 2 weeks before the vacation. And a big place, with a lot of manpower needed." Jungkook scoffed. Jimin sighed, full of regret. He had opened a new male host lounge for ladies 2 weeks ago and safe to say, the business was booming. His phone was ringing non-stop from wanting business partners.

"I'll just leave it to the others to handle." Jimin said.

"Yeah, put the phone away. You're here to relax." You put your hands behind your head.

"I'm guessing you did the same?" Yoongi faced you.

"My family knows I'm on vacation. There's an emergency number if they really need to reach me, which I doubt they will. It's my last vacation before I have to hear my mother start nagging me again." You rolled your eyes.

"Nag you?" Taehyung tilted his head.

"My brother's, her star child, is coming into town with my very pregnant sister-in-law for the birth of her second grandchild." You explained and the boys all nodded, understanding. At the ball where they met your parents, there was a brief mention of your older brother.

"I was an only child. Never had siblings. Omma was worried that if she had another, he or she would come out sick like me." Jimin forced a smile.

"I'm sorry, Chim." You reached over to hold his hand.

"It's okay. Fortunately, Yoongi hyung was there to break me out of the hospital." He turned to the older, who was sitting on the adjacent couch, sipping from his red wine glass.

"You broke him out of a hospital?" Your eyes widened. Yoongi let out a long sigh, placing his glass on the table.

"Since she couldn't figure out the reason why Jimin was always sick, Mrs Park thought the only way to provide Jimin the care he needed was to lock him in a hospital." He explained. Jimin cleared his throat.