Chapter Fifteen

————

No doubt, the vacation has been stress free and relaxing. But soon, everything is cut short by the busy lives that you just can't ignore for long.

————

After the boys shared their stories with you, it seemed you've reached a new level of understanding with one another, even if it was a little awkward for them. But you assured them that you weren't one to judge.

You enjoyed the rest of the vacation together, going to the beach everyday. It was only the 6th day of the vacation when your phone rang.

"The doctor said she is due soon. So they're coming in early. I expected you to be there."

"I'm out of town. With my employers. It would be highly irresponsible of me to leave now to attend to this." You sighed, sitting on your bed. Turns out, your brother's family would be coming earlier than expected. Which meant your holiday would be cut short.

"You've already been there for a week. And it's a vacation, I'm sure the boys would be understanding enough."

At this point, you knew that if you didn't go back, your parents would never live it down. So after hanging up, you grabbed your suitcases and began to pack your things.

"Doc?" Namjoon was at your door.

"Oh, Namjoon, good timing. I was just coming to see you. I'll have to leave early and complete the rest of the vacation in Korea." You told him, walking back to your bed where your suitcases were.

"All of a sudden?"

"Duty calls." You shrugged.

"Actually, I was just coming to let you know that we may need to return too. Jimin's work hasn't seemed to slow down so he needs to be there to handle things. And there has been some hard to ignore trouble that popped up in our turfs, which we need to settle as well." Namjoon sighed. It seemed that all of you couldn't even enjoy a nice vacation but it was nice while it lasted.

"Alright."

"We'll leave tomorrow morning." He informed. You nodded your head and he left. You sighed, falling onto the bed,

"This sucks." You groaned as you stared at the ceiling. Beside you, your phone buzzed with excited messages from your brother and sister-in-law but you didn't want to care at the moment.

"Self pitying is pathetic." You scolded yourself in the mirror, getting up to continue packing. The door opened behind you and you turned around.

"Taehyung? What are you-" Your eyes followed him as he laid on your bed, getting comfy on the pillow.

"They're really noisy and I need just a short nap." He yawned. You nodded with a hum, going into the closet to grab the remaining things, remembering to leave an outfit for tomorrow.

"Are you upset?" Taehyung suddenly asked.

"About?"

"Our holiday being cut short and all of us having to return to work." He shrugged.

"What's there to be upset about? It's not within our control, not yours, not mine. It is what it is, I'd rather save my energy or spend my time focusing on something else than brooding on something that I know can't be changed." You scoffed, zipping your luggage up. You climbed into bed beside him.

*RINGGGGG*

"Hello?"

"Gomo!" Your nephew's face appeared on the screen, a little off centred as he tried his best to balance the phone in his smaller hands. He was so adorable that one smile of his could make you melt.