Chapter Nine

————

Every day, you try to get over the violence that you have to witness. And that means, getting yourself more involved in what they do and who they are.

————

You sat on the bench that was on big balcony on the second floor, looking out into the garden at night. You wrapped your arms around yourself, remembering today's events. Jungkook came in all bloodied, holding his side.

"He got slashed." Jin informed, supporting the maknae's uninjured side. You hurried them to your office and Jin placed Jungkook down on the bed.

"I'm okay." Jungkook breathed.

"You're bleeding from the side. Don't need to act all tough with me." You patted his shoulder, wearing gloves. You grabbed your scissors to cut his shirt, revealing the slash wound. Before starting, you took a bottle of iodine and poured it over the wound. Jungkook hissed in pain, letting out winces and groans as you approached the wound.

"Hold on, this is going to sting." You told him, beginning to assess the wound. Thankfully, it didn't need stitched. You cleaned the wound and did your best to stop the bleeding.

"That hurts." He groaned.

"Alright, alright." You taped the wound shut and placed a thick gauze over it. But as Jungkook was getting up, you pushed him back down.

"No moving. You'll rip the skin again. Just rest here for a few hours." You ordered and stood up, heading the medicine cabinet. Digging out some painkillers, you gave it to him with some water.

"Good." You patted his head. You grabbed your first aid kit to clean his other injuries.

"I... wasn't the one who started it." Jungkook said softly. You looked at him with a raised eyebrow, not really sure where his sudden statement came from. You took some forceps and dipped a cotton ball into some antiseptic to clean his split knuckles.

"Does it matter who started it?" Was all you said.

"I just wanted you to know. I don't want you to be scared of me like Taehyung hyung." He kept his head low like a guilty child. You stopped at his words. Putting the forceps down, you softly wrapped your arms around him.

"I'm not scared of him, not anymore at least. And I told him that we're good. There's nothing to worry about, Koo." You assured.

"I know..."

"Rest up." You ruffled his hair with a soft smile. Jungkook was such a tough man on the outside but on the inside, it was like he was still a young boy. You threw all the used cotton away.

"I'll be right back. I need to check on the others." You tucked him in.

"No. Stay here with me. Ask them to come." Jungkook grabbed your wrist. With a defeated sigh, you sent a message to the rest to come to your office to get treated. Even after Jungkook fell asleep from exhaustion and the painkillers, you still stayed by his side as you treated the injuries the others had. Thankfully, the others talking didn't wake him up.

"Jungkook can sleep through anything." Namjoon shook his head.

"I believe you." You laughed. The others weren't injured as much but you still checked their old injuries.

"Come closer, Tae." You chuckled, grabbing the wheeled chair he was on and pulling him closer to you. Even after the incident, when you spoke to him and assured him you were fine, he was still a little shy around you.