chapter 24

A/N

So sorry for the late update..

I had to write extra parts so I could have posted this..

Anyhoot, enjoy reading!!

In this chapter, you'll get see bonding of yaser and Liam which was very much required!

~big love❤❤

---------------------------------------

(Liam pov)

"Liam, why don't you come in? I'd love to have a chat with you if you don't mind."

Fuck! See, I did want to meet zayn's baba and have a nice chat and all. However, I really didn't wish for our first meet up after getting into a relationship be like this. Caught making out. I swallow hard and hesitantly nod. He leads us in and I follow. Mine and zayn's hands were just brushing, which unfortunately he noticed. He tells us to make distance, which we do.

God! It couldn't get anymore awkward. I really hope he doesn't disapprove our relationship. I know I should not care and focus on the fact that I have zayn but I really do want our families to be okay with it. Lesser the drama, smoother the relationship.

He asks me to take a seat and I do, along with zayn sitting next to his baba. "Zayn, go to your room now." he says sternly. He tries to protest but he just glares at zayn making him shut up and go to his room. Before going, he looks at me and gives me an assuring smile. Even in that smile, I can see through his worry. A second or two later he speaks up again, "zayn I know you're hiding there, waiting to eavesdrop. You don't fool me. I am your father. Now go back up." The second he finishes, zayn comes out, grumbling an okay and we hear his footsteps descending to his room.

Now it's just me and his baba.

Lord save me.

I expected some ultimatum regarding staying away from zayn. I thought he would threaten me to keep him safe and loved, which I will. However to my surprise, he gets up and hugs me. I instantly hug him back with obvious confusion. Uhh, what is happening? He pats my back and sits besides me. Not wanting to ruin the moment, I stay quiet and look at him in awe.

He chuckles at me while looking nostalgic. I was just about to ask if everything is alright when he starts. "You know? (He sighs) The only reason why I am not throwing a fit about you dating my son is because you remind me of myself when I was around your age. And zayn of trisha. I see a glimpse of us, a beautiful reminiscence in you couple."

There's pin drop silence after his confession and he looks like he's on he verge of tears. Should I say something? If so, what should I?

"I am not against my son dating you. Yes I am overprotective, but that's because I love him. During his birth when trisha passed away, I've never felt something as painful as that. I lost my soulmate, my other half. She was my everything, you know?

I remember holding her hand and crying on her shoulder when I got to know she wasn't going to make it. She told me that it's okay. She made me promise to keep our son and daughter safe. Doniya was so broken after her mother passed away. We both were. It was our parents that took care of me, doniya and zayn.

I was torn apart that I barely took care of me. Even zayn at that time was in the hospital. He doesn't know about that. That he was kept in hospital for days as he was very sick and in a fragile state." I gasp at that softly, imagining the horrid possibility of what if zayn didn't make it. I shake that thought immediately. Zayn is my everything. Even thinking about these what ifs scare me shitless.